City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

Blue Tooth said:
City-stadium-3859591.jpg
Looks fantastic! I'm so glad they're not going for the continuation of a bowl shaped stadium by copying the Estádio da Luz like Arsenal did. I find bowl shaped stadiums boring, completely lifeless and they are a huge hindrance to atmosphere unless the whole ground sings.

Hopefully we can get a proper vocal stand going here that we can be proud of and make fans like me - who have thought our current vocal areas are a fuckin joke and have just sat elsewhere because I've never wanted to be part of them - now go over and become part of something special.

Need to factor in the effect of "success" on City's fan base.

60k would be enough now. But what about in 3-4 years? Look how our FA Cup crowds have grown this season

cant spell-dont care said:
is there anything about moving the away fans?

Independent says we will.

It sounds good for a huge 'one end' for atmosphere, the only thing making me doubt whether the stand will have that freedom and feel is the fact it will have executive/corporate boxes between the tiers. Would they let fans be rowdy if it pisses off some toff in a private box.

The impact of tiers damages an atmosphere as the sound waves don't communicate well between tiers 1, 2 and 3.

But Dortmund and Ajax made plenty of noise so so can we

If you want one huge end for atmosphere, make it safe standing. Capacity up, atmosphere up, season ticket prices down.

adrianr said:
If you want one huge end for atmosphere, make it safe standing. Capacity up, atmosphere up, season ticket prices down.
The small problem is that your suggestion is currently illegal.

Has anyone else picked up on it yet or is it just me? Apologies if it has been mentioned before.

Isn't that the North Stand? Bottom left corner.

etihad_stadium%20(4).jpg

Click to enlarge

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/a4K4IDW.jpg[/bigimg]

The Indie may have got the scoop, but that's a poor attempt/photoshop guessing what the 3rd tier expansion will look like.

I stand corrected.

Ubiquitous said:
adrianr said:
The small problem is that your suggestion is currently illegal.

We have more money than God. Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.