City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

don't care about my username said:
dont really get the point at the moment, we cant even seem to budge the season tickets(i know they will go but its taking there time)

Hmmmmm!!! Here raggy Raggy raggy!!

Neville Kneville said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
bluecityste said:
Can't believe some fans think that we won't be able to sell an extra 6000 tickets for most games.
Almost EVERY game has been sold out for the past 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!
My family tried to buy tickets about 5 times last season and no luck each time, should be no worries regarding filling the extra seats based on one assumption: Price does not go up any further.

Something is out of kilter at City. I know the 'sold out' signs go up each week, but there are plenty of empties for virtually every game, and they're clearly visible on the box. The only club I've seen come close is Arsenal at the Emirates. Either our season ticket holders are unique in not turning up, or we're farming the figures......

It's not that many seats, just one or two here & there. Moreso in the family stand. There are season ticket holders near me who can't make it every week & 2 members of my family in the same situation.

I'm in the same boat for midweekers (3 empties in the family stand), but when I then watch those games on the box, not only are there many gaps in the family stand, but also blocks of 7 or 8 seats together in the East Stand lower, often spread over 2 or 3 rows. What I don't understand is why City seem almost unique in this respect (amongst the top 7 or 8 clubs). I'm something of an exception to the rule about City fans hailing from Manchester, so I'm left looking for other reasons for those gaps. If we expand the ground to 60,000 then I think we're gonna need a fairly sizeable drop in prices to fill it on anything other than derby day

Neville Kneville said:
Something is out of kilter at City. I know the 'sold out' signs go up each week, but there are plenty of empties for virtually every game, and they're clearly visible on the box. The only club I've seen come close is Arsenal at the Emirates. Either our season ticket holders are unique in not turning up, or we're farming the figures......

It's not that many seats, just one or two here & there. Moreso in the family stand. There are season ticket holders near me who can't make it every week & 2 members of my family in the same situation.

I'm in the same boat for midweekers (3 empties in the family stand), but when I then watch those games on the box, not only are there many gaps in the family stand, but also blocks of 7 or 8 seats together in the East Stand lower, often spread over 2 or 3 rows. What I don't understand is why City seem almost unique in this respect (amongst the top 7 or 8 clubs). I'm something of an exception to the rule about City fans hailing from Manchester, so I'm left looking for other reasons for those gaps. If we expand the ground to 60,000 then I think we're gonna need a fairly sizeable drop in prices to fill it on anything other than derby day

Pisses me off when I can't get a ticket and I see empty seats everywhere.

City has the chance to be unique like it is in so many areas such as social media, by building (expanding) a huge stadium and having low ticket prices... marketing itself as a community club in the full knowledge that the majority match day revenue comes from the posh boxes and hospitality not us common people who barely add anything on to match day revenue. But it seems they want to be just like the rest in gradually raising standard prices as high as possible... the Value Gold thing is good but limited to a very small %. I like the sound of cheap tickets in SS level 3 when it's built but again, is there any guarantee a sizable % of them will be cheap or will it be a limited amount? The English football model is disappointing, normal tickets add very little to overall revenue but it doesn't stop them squeezing as much as they can out of fans.

Neville Kneville said:

I don't think any derby game is in the top five for our top attendances at the Etihad. There've been two Spurs games, a game against Chelsea, one against Liverpool and the QPR game that I can remember that have been bigger than all derby attendances at that ground.

Caveman said:
Neville Kneville said:

I don't think any derby game is in the top five for our top attendances at the Etihad. There've been two Spurs games, a game against Chelsea, one against Liverpool and the QPR game that I can remember that have been bigger than all derby attendances at that ground.

That might be because of the amount of segregation required at a scum match though?

dont really get the point at the moment, we cant even seem to budge the season tickets(i know they will go but its taking there time)
Hmmm

SWP's back said:
Hmmm

Do you get that slight smell of effluent that i am getting SWP?

Hopefully slower season ticket sales will deter big ticket price increases in future.

I am confident that every game will be sold out again this year and we will have a far more exciting team than Trafford and their 10k plus of empty seats every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.