City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

Exeter Blue I am here said:
bluecityste said:
Can't believe some fans think that we won't be able to sell an extra 6000 tickets for most games.
Almost EVERY game has been sold out for the past 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!
My family tried to buy tickets about 5 times last season and no luck each time, should be no worries regarding filling the extra seats based on one assumption: Price does not go up any further.

Something is out of kilter at City. I know the 'sold out' signs go up each week, but there are plenty of empties for virtually every game, and they're clearly visible on the box. The only club I've seen come close is Arsenal at the Emirates. Either our season ticket holders are unique in not turning up, or we're farming the figures......

agree, it might be sold out but there are always lots of empty seats at matches, not just one or two. You only have to watch on the box to see, we need to get this problem sorted out as it onnly seems to happen to us

There has been so many games where it says its sold out and i cant get a ticket, yet when I watch on tv there are lots of empty seats

Tim of the Oak said:
Hopefully slower season ticket sales will deter big ticket price increases in future.

I am confident that every game will be sold out again this year and we will have a far more exciting team than Trafford and their 10k plus of empty seats every game.[/quote!

Slower season tik sales!!!! Were still in june......those that can go will! Lets remember selling out season tiks is a new thing for us!!

bainy said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Hopefully slower season ticket sales will deter big ticket price increases in future.

I am confident that every game will be sold out again this year and we will have a far more exciting team than Trafford and their 10k plus of empty seats every game.[/quote!

Slower season tik sales!!!! Were still in june......those that can go will! Lets remember selling out season tiks is a new thing for us!!

Thanks Bainy and a fair point. I expected season tickets to have been sold out by now and I agree with Exeter Blue that the price increases don't help to shift seats. Like you point out, it is only June.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bluecityste said:
Can't believe some fans think that we won't be able to sell an extra 6000 tickets for most games.
My family tried to buy tickets about 5 times last season and no luck each time, should be no worries regarding filling the extra seats based on one assumption: Price does not go up any further.

Something is out of kilter at City. I know the 'sold out' signs go up each week, but there are plenty of empties for virtually every game, and they're clearly visible on the box. The only club I've seen come close is Arsenal at the Emirates. Either our season ticket holders are unique in not turning up, or we're farming the figures......

agree, it might be sold out but there are always lots of empty seats at matches, not just one or two. You only have to watch on the box to see, we need to get this problem sorted out as it onnly seems to happen to us

There has been so many games where it says its sold out and i cant get a ticket, yet when I watch on tv there are lots of empty seats

I agree, for example the wigan match at the etihad..quite a few seats. If we lower the ticket priced then we will definitely sell out every week.

I remember a few months ago when we played Newcastle at home, the ticket prices were lower than when we played wigan at home...basically tickets are too expensive, especially against shocking teams.

So yeah, if we lower ticket prices, we will definitely sell out, plus atmosphere would be better as more 'young adults' would be at most of our home games!;-)

We sell out more or less every game. What are the club suppose to do, go an collect each person and take them to the game? If people can pay for seats and not turn up, the club can't do much about it!
I think our prices are ok considering what other fans get charged!

Scotty76 said:
We sell out more or less every game. What are the club suppose to do, go an collect each person and take them to the game? If people can pay for seats and not turn up, the club can't do much about it!

I think our prices are ok considering what other fans get charged!
I suspect that some of the persistent non-attenders may be amongst the ones who have not renewed.

There will always be a problem, particularly in the Family Stand for midweek matches.

It wouldn't be an issue if City had a 70,000 capacity stadium. It is only a problem if many cannot get a ticket and there are hundreds of empty seats.

Don't expand and move gradually to Chelsea-style pricing structure will solve the empty seat problem. Alternatively expand the stadium progressively and don't worry about empty seats.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bluecityste said:

There are not 'lots' of empty seats, just a few here & there & it not unique at all, just perhaps a bit more visible to tv.

Many many more at the swamp for instance but nobody mentions it, mainly because the ones closest to the pitch are bought up by Norwegians etc who get tickets from touts as part of a tourist package using so called 'Manchester fans' season tickets, which the 'Manchester fans' renew, then sell for touts to use.

How come people still don´t understand that attendance is not the same as the number of people attending...

A sold out game means that the club have sold their tickets, if no one at all watches the games from their seats it´s still sold out

S04 said:
How come people still don´t understand that attendance is not the same as the number of people attending...

A sold out game means that the club have sold their tickets, if no one at all watches the games from their seats it´s still sold out
It tends to be rags that "don't get it", sat from their armchairs

It's well known that it is a phenomenon of the modern game that some fans of the top clubs are buying STs then only turning up for the 'big' games (because they're loaded). It's common at the RAGs and Arsenal as well as us.

I think at City it's more visible because of where the majority are - opposite the cameras and in the family stand - and also the light blue seats seem to stand out more against the crowd than dark colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.