City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

Why is the record attandance at the new ground 47,726 for the UEFA Cup Final, nearly 300 more than for any City game?

Don't they leave the front couple of rows empty aswell?

I find it hard to believe they didn't have any segregation for a game like that.

john@staustell said:
It's well known that it is a phenomenon of the modern game that some fans of the top clubs are buying STs then only turning up for the 'big' games (because they're loaded). It's common at the RAGs and Arsenal as well as us.

I think at City it's more visible because of where the majority are - opposite the cameras and in the family stand - and also the light blue seats seem to stand out more against the crowd than dark colours.
Spot on....the pale blue seats do stand out more than other colours.

who gives a shit about a couple of empty seats other than them daft red twats over the other side of greater manchester

we need a bigger ground and 60.000 is spot on and if the price of a ticket is lower am all for it

zeven said:
How long is our season card waiting list?
There isn't one. Judging by this season, you have to have Blue Membership to get one.

From the OS.

The 2013/14 season may be nine weeks away but supporters have wasted no time in snapping up Seasoncards in record numbers – at unprecedented speed!

As the Etihad Stadium awaits its eleventh Premier League campaign, we are delighted to announce that we have smashed our Seasoncard record, forcing us to increase the number of tickets available to fans for the first time in a decade to satisfy this overwhelming demand.

We can confirm that all Superbia, Platinum, Gold and Value Gold Seasoncards for the 2013/14 season have now sold out.

After new manager Manuel Pellegrini was appointed on Friday afternoon and with two new summer signings already announced in the shape of Jesus Navas and Fernandinho, it’s fair to say that anticipation has reached fever pitch for the new campaign.

With this in mind, later this summer we will be launching an exciting new membership scheme for the 2013/14 season, so don’t miss this chance to be part of the new campaign.

If you are interested in purchasing a Seasoncard for future seasons or would like to receive information about our new membership, please click here to register your interest.

penalty spot said:
john@staustell said:
It's well known that it is a phenomenon of the modern game that some fans of the top clubs are buying STs then only turning up for the 'big' games (because they're loaded). It's common at the RAGs and Arsenal as well as us.

I think at City it's more visible because of where the majority are - opposite the cameras and in the family stand - and also the light blue seats seem to stand out more against the crowd than dark colours.
I've always wondered this at Wembley. Without fail, you always have a bunch of seats empty right where the cameras are pointed. If you know you're going to have a load of seats empty, why not put these seats in the same stand as the cameras so that the ground at least looks full on screen?

I'm With Stupid said:
penalty spot said:
john@staustell said:

I've always wondered this at Wembley. Without fail, you always have a bunch of seats empty right where the cameras are pointed. If you know you're going to have a load of seats empty, why not put these seats in the same stand as the cameras so that the ground at least looks full on screen?

how were the architects supposed to know that an fa led debenture scheme would lead to empty seats opposite the camera gantry?

penalty spot said:
john@staustell said:

Only this.

tidyman said:
Why is the record attandance at the new ground 47,726 for the UEFA Cup Final, nearly 300 more than for any City game?

I find it hard to believe they didn't have any segregation for a game like that.

Think the higher hoardings/empty first couple of rows are only for CL games. I was at the UEFA cup final, if memory serves right Zenit and Rangers had an end each plus some on the sides, remaining seats were 'neutrals', so little if any segregation needed as the 'official allocation' of opposing fans weren't next to each other.

tidyman said:

Am sure u saw a quoted crowed attendance figure of 48,000 for the QPR game, not sure how that came about but pretty sure I saw it somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.