City To Play Hamburg On 21st January In The UAE.

icemanbops said:
Its also great for us Blues who are based out here. We don't get many chances to see them live being 3500 miles away.

Any one over here going to this friendly. 7,000 mile round trip. I know the management should enjoy Abu Dhabi but I wonder if any of our senior players
will be left at home - for a rest.

Bluep*ss said:
icemanbops said:
Its also great for us Blues who are based out here. We don't get many chances to see them live being 3500 miles away.

Any one over here going to this friendly. 7,000 mile round trip. I know the management should enjoy Abu Dhabi but I wonder if any of our senior players
will be left at home - for a rest.

I went over for the U21/reserves V UAE national side game in 2009 or so.

Brilliant trip, won the flight on a rival fan site...... Never won anything on here ;(

The highlight was the free silver service BBQ and booze along with Garry Cook's speach at The Emerates Palace.

Should include WAG's to earn a few brownie points & show what a great club MCFC is to work with. There will be plenty of room on the plane & no doubt in the hotel

Gaudion M said:
schfc6 said:
If I were a footballer and somebody wanted to fly me in a private jet to an out of this World hotel with my mates and have a few kick abouts in the sunshine I'd be delighted.

This trip will be excellent for moral. Excellent opportunity to get everyone together. Few young lads experiencing what is on offer if they have what it takes.

Yes, someone may get injured. They may get injured getting in the shower. Perhaps we should cancel warm ups, Dzeko is out for weeks thanks to a warm up.

Injuries happen in training. Arsenal have lost half their squad in training. Liverpool lost Sturidge in an England training camp.

Raised revenues, raised profile and more importantly raised team moral. I don't see a down side, other than possible injury. A possibility anywhere, anytime.

Think of it as Ffp friendly training. Same as normal training but with corporate sponsorship and deals thrown in. Everyone's a winner.

exactly, be another way of adding another exorbitant match fee into the official coffers for ffp.....If this is the only way of doing it then so be it

icemanbops said:

Exactly, I don't have to spend my annual leave to travel to watch City aboard, pay air ticket and hotel when I can see them annually here in UAE. This year City bright along Woman team and in case you don't know EPL Trophy will be in display for UAE Blues according to Abu Dhabi OSC facebook (detail will be informed later)

Watch the stars of Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC and Manchester City Women’s FC participate in an open training session at the Mohamed bin Zayed Stadium.

Date: 20th January 2015
Time: 16:00-20:30

This is a joke right? Why are we playing a friendly during our most crucial month in the league to date? Okay, it's fine if we are just playing the kids, but if we play the likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany etc then stupid move by city! Has the club said why they are doing it?

bugsyblue said:
This is a joke right? Why are we playing a friendly during our most crucial month in the league to date? Okay, it's fine if we are just playing the kids, but if we play the likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany etc then stupid move by city! Has the club said why they are doing it?

No joke, it's warm weather training PR and a run around what's the problem

grim up north said:
bugsyblue said:

No joke, it's warm weather training PR and a run around what's the problem

A number of things; a long haul round trip flight midweek (means we won't be training much on Tuesday or Thursday), a friendly match against another professional side which isn't warm weather training - it's going to have more of a competitive edge than training would.

One of our key players gets injured in this match and just wait for the meltdown on here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.