City - United Post Match Thread

I said a few times in the build up that a 2 man midfield would get destroyed.

Turns out that wasn't the best prediction.

Amazing amazing game. Nasri was outstanding but special credit has to go to Kolarov nowhere near as "weak a link" as many feared.

Stoned Rose said:
BillyShears said:
Wow ... Nasri covered more ground than any other player on the pitch.

A player with belief and showing his worth ...

Nasri in a central midfield position = Arsenal era Nasri.

Excellent today and v Plzen.

-- Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 pm --

Niall2407 said:
Brilliant performance ! To the people moaning about our possession stats, we probably did have less than 50%

Absolute bollocks. Utd didnt touch the ball the first 30 minutes.

Apparently had around 30% in the second have. Up around 60% first half.

Rammy Blue said:
yankblue said:
We were great today, if we play like that every week we'll walk the league.

I think we really shone as a team today. Kolarov was a menace up and down the pitch, as was zab. Aguero just a brilliant attacking player and always a threat, negredo kept united's defense on their toes. Fernandinho looked very good in a deeper role and did his job very well. The three that stood out to me the most were yaya, Nasri, and vinny.

Nasri was all over the pitch, involved in everything, and looks a different player.

Yaya was brilliant, bossed the midfield and made Fellaini look like his woman.

Vinny...you just can't praise the guy enough. Brilliant player and one of if not the best defender in the world. All over the pitch and defended like a fucking rock. The perfect captain and leads by example. If he stays healthy, we'll win the league. Our most important player by a country mile.

That's a good summary of how I saw it pal.

Thanks mate, great minds think alike.

The best city performance for a long while for me. Tempo was perfect, every player put in a shift...even kolarov, yaya and kompany virtually un-playable, Negredo and Aguero were excellent.. Best game I've seen Nasri play in beloved blue...can't forget a mention for Navas...tactics were absolutely spot on too. Rags only looked poor because we made them look poor...

Controlled the game and saw it out from around 65 mins...can't complain too much about that, was the right thing to do.

Regardless of the score today it was the first time this season I saw the team show that level f commitment and desire

Each and everyone of those players today won their battle with their opposite number

Awesome fucking awesome the fact we battered that pile of spite makes it all the more sweeter

Poor raggies on the radio really have got their heads buried in the sand

"We´re only 5 points off blah de fookin blah"

They have an aging squad which will take the kind of investment Uncle Malc will run away from or they will have to give Gollum time and patience to tear it all up from the roots and build a new team possibly without the finances from the CL they´ve been used to.
Let´s hope they keep up the patchwork and papering the cracks approach

Thought we were excellent today. The Rags were poor because we made them poor. We attacked and passed
far too quickly for them. Our movement was exceptional and then when we needed a bit of a rest. The defence
took over and closed space and them down to a tee.

Just to add the commentator on Sky is a fucking disgrace. Every ten minutes or so if something happens
for us he says, "That's what happens when the lucks with you" and when the rags fuck up (AGAIN!),
"That's what happens when your lucks not in".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.