City - United Post Match Thread

Gary Lineker reckons United will struggle to turn this around even with the help of the referee: “Even Howard Webb can’t turn this one around!”

Element of truth but fails to give credit to how good was the City performance today.

Love_Each_Day said:
They were talking before the game about how Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho would be able to handle their first derby but I thought the workrate from the 3 of them was immense and really helped to keep United on the back foot for the first hour. Kompany and Toure fantastic but Nasri was man of the match for me, always available and everything he did with the ball was good. First half passing and movement was some of the best from us in a long time.

Navas was touted as a flying winger but he is more than that.Pellegrini knows what he is capable of and he used him well today not just as a wide player,winger but also tucking in and adding to an already dominant midfield. Negredo showed what he is about today and although he didn't score he gave Vidic a really hard game and I think fully deserved to start ahead of Edin.

Fernandinho is quality and getting better by the game and when Vinnie is there as well it does take some of the defensive role off Yaya to allow him to flourish where he is at his best.

I cant for the life of me fathom out why the sky cameras never showed the Scum fans all through the game til they finally scored a set piece....??

oh hang the fuck on ..;)

I love sergios' goal <a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1782958-manchester-city-vs-manchester-united-score-grades-and-post-match-reaction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1782 ... h-reaction</a>

BillyShears said:
Wow ... Nasri covered more ground than any other player on the pitch.

A player with belief and showing his worth ...

Nasri in a central midfield position = Arsenal era Nasri.

Excellent today and v Plzen.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 pm --<br /><br />
Niall2407 said:
Brilliant performance ! To the people moaning about our possession stats, we probably did have less than 50%

Absolute bollocks. Utd didnt touch the ball the first 30 minutes.

As Rooney says, match with Liverpool is bigger than the derby to them - now that City have left both behind.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Love_Each_Day said:
They were talking before the game about how Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho would be able to handle their first derby but I thought the workrate from the 3 of them was immense and really helped to keep United on the back foot for the first hour. Kompany and Toure fantastic but Nasri was man of the match for me, always available and everything he did with the ball was good. First half passing and movement was some of the best from us in a long time.

Navas was touted as a flying winger but he is more than that.Pellegrini knows what he is capable of and he used him well today not just as a wide player,winger but also tucking in and adding to an already dominant midfield. Negredo showed what he is about today and although he didn't score he gave Vidic a really hard game and I think fully deserved to start ahead of Edin.

Fernandinho is quality and getting better by the game and when Vinnie is there as well it does take some of the defensive role off Yaya to allow him to flourish where he is at his best.
Noticed on one of our corners Navas hung back and when United broke the attack he was the one tracking back. Smart way to use the fastest guy on the pitch. Pelle knows his stuff.

DruntBlunt said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Love_Each_Day said:

Noticed on one of our corners he hung back and when United broke the attack he was the one tracking back. Smart way to use the fastest guy on the pitch. Pelle knows his stuff.

yep,saw that.. last man back at one stage..and he cleared the ball out..

Stoned Rose said:
Rosler1985 said:
Alek Kolarov

Well within his rights to tell everybody to go fuck themselves.

Fantatic performance.

This.

As a member of the Kolarov is shit brigade I've got to say he was fucking excellent today.

If Pellegrini can get him playing that well he really must be a genius.

Nice on Aleks lad.

Excellent points here. Completely agree. I couldn't have rated Kolarov lower coming into the season. But fantastic work by him lately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.