City - United Post Match Thread

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Love_Each_Day said:
They were talking before the game about how Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho would be able to handle their first derby but I thought the workrate from the 3 of them was immense and really helped to keep United on the back foot for the first hour. Kompany and Toure fantastic but Nasri was man of the match for me, always available and everything he did with the ball was good. First half passing and movement was some of the best from us in a long time.

Navas was touted as a flying winger but he is more than that.Pellegrini knows what he is capable of and he used him well today not just as a wide player,winger but also tucking in and adding to an already dominant midfield. Negredo showed what he is about today and although he didn't score he gave Vidic a really hard game and I think fully deserved to start ahead of Edin.

Fernandinho is quality and getting better by the game and when Vinnie is there as well it does take some of the defensive role off Yaya to allow him to flourish where he is at his best.

I mean we have a great team when all the players are fit. I hope Vinnie remains fit for the rest of the season. i think to save the fans lots of sleepless nights,the Board needs to go out and get us a world class backup for Vinnie in Janurary. .

woodieMCFC said:
PinkFinal said:
_70059616_70059040.jpg

Welcome to Manchester! Haha
dave i can still smell your nelly.

What a week 3 points away in the CL and an unthinkable score line in the derby are Wigan really going to turn up on Tuesday lol hope we end the week avenging that final

The first real signs of a different style of play today. Much quicker tempo and as someone wrote earlier, the passing was nowhere near as easy to predict as last season. Zabaleta is back, Kompany was outstanding but Nastasic was no slouch either! Yaya and dinho completely bossed Carrick and Fellaini for an hour and Nasri has got a new lease of life. Negredo is perfect for the premier league and with Aguero and Navas look like they will tear loads of teams apart this season. But a big shout out for Kolarov today, I am not his biggest fan but he stuck to his task and was a bigger threat going forward than Valencia.
But please lads, play every game with the same attitude and we are in for a great season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.