City - United Post Match Thread

Totally amazing until we went 4-0 then took our foot off the gas - HOLD THEM DOWN TIL THEY STOP BREATHING as I always say ;-)

A missed opportunity...?

I can't shake the feeling that despite an immense win today, we have missed an opportunity. At 4-0 they were there for the slaughter like a little injured bird surrounded by lions. We could have gone for the jugular and seriously, I mean seriously, embarrassed them. 4-1 is a thrashing, no doubt, but just think of the psychological damage a 7, 8 or 9-0 drubbing would have done to them. I understand why the players took their foot off the gas with big games coming up, but I just can't help thinking that if we'd destroyed them completely it would have damaged them and Moyes in a way that they wouldn't be coming back from anytime soon.

Kompany was MotM by a mile by the way - he must have said something to previously upset Gary Neville - either that or Neville is a clueless pundit.

mcfcirlam said:
What have Manchester and Glasgow got in common.
NO DERBY NEXT SEASON.
Going down you arrogant swamp lovers!!!

Glasgow does have Celtic v Partick Thistle!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.