City - United Post Match Thread

Probably already been mentioned in the flood of posts on here since 6pm yesterday evening (!), but fuck it; I'll take my chances. Just been watching the slow motion video of the goals on the OS, and one thing struck me. Watching the fourth goal and the camera trained on Jesus as he made his way into the vermin's penalty area; before he crosses the ball, he look across 4 times to see if there's a free man to cross to;

xfVaX0W.png

Now I know it may not seem much to get excited by, but ask any seasoned blue how many times he's seen aimless crosses fired into the box when there's been no-one there to get on the end of them. TOO BLOODY MANY TO COUNT!! It makes a nice change to see a player actually thinking about what he's going to do with the ball when he's out wide. That is all. As you were.

Probably been posted, but could not see it in the last few pages i have checked.

The goals in slow mo, beautiful chicken.

The rags players faces after our 3rd went in. Priceless :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Carousel?id=067db3bc-3ab8-4409-9cbf-a2480126c98a&play=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Carousel?id=067db ... 98a&play=1</a>

It Never Really Happened

I was looking forward to listening to some well deserved credit for City dismantling the Rags today, I listened to Talksport and I don't know if I have been unlucky but we didn't really get a mention.

Al Brazil was crying a river for "Davey" and put it down to a bad day at the office, they even wheeled Bosnich on who played the same tune - nothing said about us of note.

Drive home with Durham, it was all about Paulo DiCanio and "what was wrong with United".

Collymore this evening, said Rooney was superb (not joking) then spoke about United at length, with regards to City his only comment of note was that MP needs to be careful about his team selection going into the CL games (WFT?!), "Now lets talk about Mou".

Has anyone actually heard of any decent chat on here today about our amazing performance?

Re: It Never Really Happened

lmjones1uk said:
Has anyone actually heard of any decent chat on here today about our amazing performance?
Did you seriously think there would be ? Said before the game yesterday, if won all would be forgotten by today, if they had won we'd have been listening and reading about it all week, praise heaped on davey, and how Pellegrini was in crisis. Only a hammering was going to be noticed, and having had one, the focus is still on their darlings but switeched to how it can be fixed, and how its bad news for England.

F**k 'em.

cleavers said:
lmjones1uk said:
Did you seriously think there would be ? Said before the game yesterday, if won all would be forgotten by today, if they had won we'd have been listening and reading about it all week, praise heaped on davey, and how Pellegrini was in crisis. Only a hammering was going to be noticed, and having had one, the focus is still on their darlings but switeched to how it can be fixed, and how its bad news for England.

F**k 'em.
Not heard, but there's plenty in the Guardian ( on-line) with plenty of comments flooding in 990 no one of them already , and to be fair, there's plenty of reds holding their hands up and saying City were well deserving of the win, there's the usual sad deniers spitting feathers, dotted around, but for once it's all about City dismantling UTD!

MOTD2 was an utter disgrace, it's now second nature to their pundits to blame the rags' defeats on their errors rather than the abilities of their opponents.

Bewar3them00n said:
cleavers said:
lmjones1uk said:

F**k 'em.
Not heard, but there's plenty in the Guardian ( on-line) with plenty of comments flooding in 990 no one of them already , and to be fair, there's plenty of reds holding their hands up and saying City were well deserving of the win, there's the usual sad deniers spitting feathers, dotted around, but for once it's all about City dismantling UTD!

TBF
I thought we'd get nowt but MOTD gave us some praise, talkshite (who i listened to off and on today,) had some guest pundits praising our performance (even though Fat face Brazil was obviously squirminig)..

All the papers I have read (and on a day off i mooched in morrison's using their library facility) the reports were generally of a City demolition of the rags

As many other posters have noted, the few rags that i have tracked down today have been disarmingly honest in their assessment.

they seem genuinely bewildered.. not just with our spanking them, but also the turgid draw against Chelski and the toothless performance v Red Dippers

Anyway, we'll see.....

The meeja have a lot interest in their 'darlings' (actually their perceived income stream globally) so we'll see how the next few days / weks pan out.

Another loss v dippers on Weds , especially if gollum plays a strong side, could be significant in terms of how the supporters and press handle it

Just watching MOTD2 from last night - negredo a significant figure in 3 of the goals. Great performance - a trade up from Edin in the workload department (though Edin's goalscoring record is deeecen)

jimharri said:
bgblue said:
Any links for watching the 4-1 again. Was at the match, but a little drunk, and only coming round :(
Sorry, but I can't see the logic in that. Whatever about getting smashed after the game, to be drunk and not really be aware of what is going on, in a derby match, baffles me. anyway; whatever. I'm sure there are links in the matchday forum to download the game. And, of course, you can see highlights on the OS.

I noticed that there were plenty of PISSHEADS in the away section. Numpties when attempting to sing & the knob heads who thought they were funny, well they were even more embarrassing to see! Typical Red Shite.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 pm --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
Probably already been mentioned in the flood of posts on here since 6pm yesterday evening (!), but fuck it; I'll take my chances. Just been watching the slow motion video of the goals on the OS, and one thing struck me. Watching the fourth goal and the camera trained on Jesus as he made his way into the vermin's penalty area; before he crosses the ball, he look across 4 times to see if there's a free man to cross to;

xfVaX0W.png

Now I know it may not seem much to get excited by, but ask any seasoned blue how many times he's seen aimless crosses fired into the box when there's been no-one there to get on the end of them. TOO BLOODY MANY TO COUNT!! It makes a nice change to see a player actually thinking about what he's going to do with the ball when he's out wide. That is all. As you were.

Well said Sir!

Just watching MOTD again and I noticed it during the match and it wound me up as much then.

When they show highlights of Kompany's performance there's a clip of him nipping in and taking the ball off of Rooney and Webb immediately points to the ball, to signal Vinny played the ball of course, then Rooney starts walking towards Webb, shouting at him, and all of a sudden he decides to signal for advantage/play on.

A small thing I know but that shows players influence on the ref, shocking it was from United though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.