City - United Post Match Thread

kawkav said:
did we talked about that free kick play at all?

it was awesome. it didn't work but very creative. this comes with south american coaches.
Yeah I didn't spot what was going on during the game but clocked it while watching the game back tonight.

The build up confused not in the rags on the pitch but Neville doing the commentary too. It was worth a go and is clearly something they've been working on during training.

Along with corners, which Nasri was fantastic at yesterday, looking up before crossing and winning the second balls.

ultimateharold said:
Ladies and Gentlemen.

A comment on the guardian:

Cleverley still has a 100% record v city. (he came on and Utd scored so technically 1-0 to Utd in his "game"). He's been the difference in those games and his mobility & quick passing has been a thorn in Toure's sides. If he started, the end result may have been different.
Brilliant.

To be honest, we were not realy that great, MU was just too weak.
If MU continue playing like this they might finish around 5-10 place on table.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
Radio 5 live last night

Motson said that City were 'inadvertantly' copying the successful Ushited team of the 90's in our strength and depth and ability to rotate.

FFS
It really is fucking unreal what we have to put up with from the media. It's said we are obsessed, but the reality is when we do well favourable comparisons are drawn with united and if we do badly contrasting comparisons are drawn with united.

It never seems to work the other way round when they're talking about united.

jimharri said:
Probably already been mentioned in the flood of posts on here since 6pm yesterday evening (!), but fuck it; I'll take my chances. Just been watching the slow motion video of the goals on the OS, and one thing struck me. Watching the fourth goal and the camera trained on Jesus as he made his way into the vermin's penalty area; before he crosses the ball, he look across 4 times to see if there's a free man to cross to;

xfVaX0W.png

Now I know it may not seem much to get excited by, but ask any seasoned blue how many times he's seen aimless crosses fired into the box when there's been no-one there to get on the end of them. TOO BLOODY MANY TO COUNT!! It makes a nice change to see a player actually thinking about what he's going to do with the ball when he's out wide. That is all. As you were.

First time he looks up to check how many scum defenders.
second time he looks up to see how many City players running into box.
Third time he looks up to see vinny running towards near post and Alvaro near penalty spot.
4th time he looks up and sees Samir's unchallenged run to the box so places an inch perfect pass for samir to score Citys 3rd volley of the day:)

'Bonnet de douche' as Del Trotter would say..

samharris said:
jimharri said:
Probably already been mentioned in the flood of posts on here since 6pm yesterday evening (!), but fuck it; I'll take my chances. Just been watching the slow motion video of the goals on the OS, and one thing struck me. Watching the fourth goal and the camera trained on Jesus as he made his way into the vermin's penalty area; before he crosses the ball, he look across 4 times to see if there's a free man to cross to;

xfVaX0W.png

Now I know it may not seem much to get excited by, but ask any seasoned blue how many times he's seen aimless crosses fired into the box when there's been no-one there to get on the end of them. TOO BLOODY MANY TO COUNT!! It makes a nice change to see a player actually thinking about what he's going to do with the ball when he's out wide. That is all. As you were.

First time he looks up to check how many scum defenders.
second time he looks up to see how many City players running into box.
Third time he looks up to see vinny running towards near post and Alvaro near penalty spot.
4th time he looks up and sees Samir's unchallenged run to the box so places an inch perfect pass for samir to score Citys 3rd volley of the day:)

'Bonnet de douche' as Del Trotter would say..

A great team goal.

I only noticed on the slo-mo replay Negredo ducking at the last minute for Nasri. But the space at the back post had been made by Kompanys run to the near post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.