City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
dex2010 said:
I dont say this often but i think we will lose by a goal. I can see us being nervous and missing a few chances and Ajax hitting us on the break with a suckerpunch! I hope im wrong, i pray im wrong but we havent been at our very best all season and without silva our creative side has taken a huge hit!

I think 'tis about time we had a full 90 minutes of CL football where 99% of what we do is right. Tonight's the night!

Assuming we can beat Ajax tonight, and also assuming that Ajax won't get anything in their remaining games, we need a Dortmund win tonight. A draw between those two is terrible for us, as we'd still be third even with victory over Ajax and Real.

But I guess if we win all three then no problem :)

Most important is that we get at them tonight, and hassle the hell out of them, starting from the front. I thought they looked suspect at full back, so could be an opportunity there for Sinclair or Kolarov to get a bit of space, and I think Dzeko had the beating of their center backs most of the night, just couldn't link it up.

So, this is what I think it will be:

--------------Hart-------------
Zab--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
-------Yaya Toure-----Barry----
------Aguero---Tevez---Nasri-----
------------- Dzeko---------------

Unless he saves Kolarov and Dzeko for the bench for plan b, in which case we would see Clichy and either Balo or Sinclair I think, or possibly Garcia with Yaya released, which would be pretty good to see.

--------------Hart-------------
Zab--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy
---------Garcia------Barry-------
------Tevez---Yaya---Nasri-----
------------- Aguero---------------

Actually, that latter one gives a bit more balance, and I feel we can get at them in the air from set pieces. Maybe even bring Lescott back for that too.

Id play Balo from the start tonight. He has pace which we sorely lack in Europe.

Pigeonho said:
We won't qualify anyway and nightmare scenario is the EL. On that basis I want a defeat with no injuries and then crack on with retaining the league. Shame, but best in the long term. Retaining that PL is vital.

Logically I agree but I can't want us to use, whatever the situation.

cheddar404 said:
Pigeonho said:
We won't qualify anyway and nightmare scenario is the EL. On that basis I want a defeat with no injuries and then crack on with retaining the league. Shame, but best in the long term. Retaining that PL is vital.

Maybe want is the wrong term. Ok, I would prefer us to lose but will obviously be happy in the immediate if we win, but it could comeback to haunt us so all in all a defeat is the best result in the long term.

Pigeonho said:
cheddar404 said:
Pigeonho said:

Maybe want is the wrong term. Ok, I would prefer us to lose but will obviously be happy in the immediate if we win, but it could comeback to haunt us so all in all a defeat is the best result in the long term.

Understand with what you are saying, and agree with it, on the main- EL would be the nightmare.

However, I can only go into this game hoping for a win to keep our slim chances alive, and then hope for a huge game against Real, and even Dortmund. Us winning tonight isn't a guarantee of us finishing above Ajax, anyway.

As you say, retaining the League is the number one priority. But I don't want us to go out with a whimper, especially before a big game against Spurs. I always think winning is a habit, losing is a habit, and as we saw under Hughes...drawing can be a habit!!

Go into every game wanting to win. I normally air on the side of pessemism with City, and after Ajax I was convinced we were out. But you never know with City. If we win tonight, then we have 2 huge games. Stranger things have happened....

dancity19 said:
Pigeonho said:
cheddar404 said:

Understand with what you are saying, and agree with it, on the main- EL would be the nightmare.

However, I can only go into this game hoping for a win to keep our slim chances alive, and then hope for a huge game against Real, and even Dortmund. Us winning tonight isn't a guarantee of us finishing above Ajax, anyway.

As you say, retaining the League is the number one priority. But I don't want us to go out with a whimper, especially before a big game against Spurs. I always think winning is a habit, losing is a habit, and as we saw under Hughes...drawing can be a habit!!

Go into every game wanting to win. I normally air on the side of pessemism with City, and after Ajax I was convinced we were out. But you never know with City. If we win tonight, then we have 2 huge games. Stranger things have happened....
Quite honestly out of the 2 games left after tonight, I can't see us getting 1 point. Madrid and Dortmund especially are better than us, they've proved that. You're right, stranger things have happened but personally I can't see us beating both of those teams.

If we win all the remaining games we will defenetly be through to the knockout stages of the Champios League. Will this happen maybe but only if we play to our strengths and not always changing tactics 3or4 times during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.