City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------Hart-----------
Zab----Kompany--Nasty---Clichy---
------Yaya------Milner-------------
-----------Nasri-------------------
Sinclair------Aguero--------Balotelli

Ajax are quick and nippy and this is our quickest and most mobile team available. I hope Mancini goes for something like this tonight.

Pigeonho said:
dancity19 said:
Pigeonho said:
Maybe want is the wrong term. Ok, I would prefer us to lose but will obviously be happy in the immediate if we win, but it could comeback to haunt us so all in all a defeat is the best result in the long term.

Understand with what you are saying, and agree with it, on the main- EL would be the nightmare.

However, I can only go into this game hoping for a win to keep our slim chances alive, and then hope for a huge game against Real, and even Dortmund. Us winning tonight isn't a guarantee of us finishing above Ajax, anyway.

As you say, retaining the League is the number one priority. But I don't want us to go out with a whimper, especially before a big game against Spurs. I always think winning is a habit, losing is a habit, and as we saw under Hughes...drawing can be a habit!!

Go into every game wanting to win. I normally air on the side of pessemism with City, and after Ajax I was convinced we were out. But you never know with City. If we win tonight, then we have 2 huge games. Stranger things have happened....
Quite honestly out of the 2 games left after tonight, I can't see us getting 1 point. Madrid and Dortmund especially are better than us, they've proved that. You're right, stranger things have happened but personally I can't see us beating both of those teams.

Nor can I. Dortmund embarrassed us at home. The best team I have seen at City. We played poorly in both games, but we can play better. Not saying we are better than either team, but on our day, we should be able to give it a go. For both games I wish we still had De Jong, but that's passed now.

That being said, I want us to go out with a bang, if we are to go out. If we beat Ajax at home, you just never know. Can't believe I am saying this, as it is unlike me. I have a feeling the crowd will be massively up for this- I am anyway. So hopefully we will left the players- I would love us to create 'one of those european nights' tonight- as a stadium we haven't really seemed to be that up for a champions league game yet.

Pigeonho said:
dancity19 said:
Pigeonho said:
Maybe want is the wrong term. Ok, I would prefer us to lose but will obviously be happy in the immediate if we win, but it could comeback to haunt us so all in all a defeat is the best result in the long term.

Understand with what you are saying, and agree with it, on the main- EL would be the nightmare.

However, I can only go into this game hoping for a win to keep our slim chances alive, and then hope for a huge game against Real, and even Dortmund. Us winning tonight isn't a guarantee of us finishing above Ajax, anyway.

As you say, retaining the League is the number one priority. But I don't want us to go out with a whimper, especially before a big game against Spurs. I always think winning is a habit, losing is a habit, and as we saw under Hughes...drawing can be a habit!!

Go into every game wanting to win. I normally air on the side of pessemism with City, and after Ajax I was convinced we were out. But you never know with City. If we win tonight, then we have 2 huge games. Stranger things have happened....
Quite honestly out of the 2 games left after tonight, I can't see us getting 1 point. Madrid and Dortmund especially are better than us, they've proved that. You're right, stranger things have happened but personally I can't see us beating both of those teams.

How have they proved they are better than us..? I remember Arsenal battering us last year were they better than us? I remember Liverpool dominating at Anfield are they better than us..?

I can take us not going through to the play-off's, and I can take a defeat. Just as long as we go out as heroes.

Remember that magical night, home in the UEFA cup (was it against Hamburg?) when Elano made a man of the year game?
That's the kind of display what I want to see again. Mesmerizing and pride in abundance, even though we didn't come out as winners.

Those of you suggesting we write it off and focus on the league are forgetting why we're in this group in the first place. Our co-efficient isn't as good as the top teams. The only way to improve that is by winning games. Every match counts in that respect.

Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
dancity19 said:

How have they proved they are better than us..? I remember Arsenal battering us last year were they better than us? I remember Liverpool dominating at Anfield are they better than us..?
There's a stark contrast between dominance and humiliation, and I think it's fair to say we were humiliated and massively outplayed by Dortmund. I don't need to go into why Madrid are better, as that should be obvious.

Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
dancity19 said:

Arsenal last year was a bit of an anomoly, we were nowhere that day. Even when Liverpool out played us this year, we were in the game at times. To be fair, the way were outplayed at Real, but more so Dortmund is a way I have not seen us be outplayed since Mancini was in charge. They were better than us in every aspect- apart from goals scored, and at the end of the day, I guess that is what is most important.

Dortmund shouldn't be better than us, on paper, but I left that game thinking they were a much better 'team'. They were almost the epitmoe of a good 'team'. To argue any differently would be stupid. I never leave games, if we lose, in the league thinking the opposition is actually better than us. I left that game thinking Dortmund were genuinely a better team than us.

Let's get a result tonight and then have a look at the group situation.

Just focus on hammering Vim or whatever they're called. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.