City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax not out of it yet so if we finish level on points with them the team with the best record in the two head to head matches will go through either champs league or europa league.

we have to play to win. we need to build some self belief and some of the swagger that helped us to the title. wins breed confidence. win, win win.

Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
Quite honestly out of the 2 games left after tonight, I can't see us getting 1 point. Madrid and Dortmund especially are better than us, they've proved that. You're right, stranger things have happened but personally I can't see us beating both of those teams.

How have they proved they are better than us..? I remember Arsenal battering us last year were they better than us? I remember Liverpool dominating at Anfield are they better than us..?
There's a stark contrast between dominance and humiliation, and I think it's fair to say we were humiliated and massively outplayed by Dortmund. I don't need to go into why Madrid are better, as that should be obvious.

They outplayed us yeah, I agree. But that's one game, its fairly pathetic to spit the dummy after one match, we could easily go to Germany and beat them. If there so good why are they now 7th in the Bundesliga.

Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:
How have they proved they are better than us..? I remember Arsenal battering us last year were they better than us? I remember Liverpool dominating at Anfield are they better than us..?
There's a stark contrast between dominance and humiliation, and I think it's fair to say we were humiliated and massively outplayed by Dortmund. I don't need to go into why Madrid are better, as that should be obvious.

They outplayed us yeah, I agree. But that's one game, its fairly pathetic to spit the dummy after one match, we could easily go to Germany and beat them. If there so good why are they now 7th in the Bundesliga.
Do you think we will go to Germany and beat them? I certainly don't.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastatic
Kolarov
Barry
Garcia
Yaya
Nasri
Aguero
Tevez

Think this will be 1-1 draw tho and we will go out.

for the last 2 years,how many good performances have we had in europe??... i mean GOOD performances atleast,not great... very few tbh... villareal away and napoli away were our best games in last season's champions league(though we lost against naples away,it was still a very good performance)... bayern fed a second string team... so i am not taking that into account... what was common to our team in both villareal away and naples away??...
does anyone remember??... we played a lone striker upfront with yaya just behind...
i feel thats the best team we can put forward in europe... better defensively and efficient in attacking... it was mario who played as the lone striker in those 2 games too.. he is the best lone striker in our striking department in our team imo... today,should be the same...
or atleast play mario up with sergio floating behind... thats our best way to defeat european teams... just my opinion...

Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:

Do you think we will go to Germany and beat them? I certainly don't.

If we beat Ajax and Madrid, then yes I will be confident. I'm of the opinion that we can beat anyone on our day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.