City v Ajax pre-match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:
They outplayed us yeah, I agree. But that's one game, its fairly pathetic to spit the dummy after one match, we could easily go to Germany and beat them. If there so good why are they now 7th in the Bundesliga.
Do you think we will go to Germany and beat them? I certainly don't.

If we beat Ajax and Madrid, then yes I will be confident. I'm of the opinion that we can beat anyone on our day.

I disagree. The way we have been playing especially in Europe has been awful. I think we might beat Ajax but then will lose the other 2 games. I have been looking at all the combinations in terms of results and I think we pretty much need to win all 3 games, I don't see a way where we can win 2 out 3 and progress. This isnt moaning, but just my opinion.

A tight 1 - 0 will do me in this game, if there's a shock in the other game then Real Madrid may have a confidence crisis when visiting us.
I always fancy us to win if we're keeping clean sheets!

Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Pigeonho said:
There's a stark contrast between dominance and humiliation, and I think it's fair to say we were humiliated and massively outplayed by Dortmund. I don't need to go into why Madrid are better, as that should be obvious.

They outplayed us yeah, I agree. But that's one game, its fairly pathetic to spit the dummy after one match, we could easily go to Germany and beat them. If there so good why are they now 7th in the Bundesliga.

Sorry fella but that's a shocking way to think. It doesn't matter how well Dortmund played - or how poor we played - at the Etihad, the fact is that there's not much between the two clubs on paper, infact i'd say City look stronger (individually speaking). It's just a matter of going there and getting stuck in, fighting for the game. I'm not saying we WILL do it, but i'm sure we'll give it a good go and compete better than we did at home.

Let's hope we get the result tonight, then we can see what happens in Madrid and take things from there.

ayrshire_blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Bazzmand Show said:

Sorry fella but that's a shocking way to think. It doesn't matter how well Dortmund played - or how poor we played - at the Etihad, the fact is that there's not much between the two clubs on paper, infact i'd say City look stronger (individually speaking). It's just a matter of going there and getting stuck in, fighting for the game. I'm not saying we WILL do it, but i'm sure we'll give it a good go and compete better than we did at home.

Let's hope we get the result tonight, then we can see what happens in Madrid and take things from there.

It's easy to forget - given how much the second half was like the Alamo - that we were actually the better side against Dortmund for the first 30 mins or so - the only time when we've actually gone out and played our own (attacking) game up to now. We had a couple of gilt-edged chances (e.g. Silva's from pretty much under the bar) and created another couple of good opportunities. If any of those had gone in, it would of been a whole different game. As it was, Dortmund grew in confidence, rallied, had a couple of decent chances just before half-time and started the second half well. We then made the switch to the 3-5-2, were completely hopeless and couldn't get out of our own half, their pressure was relentless, leading to the goal. We then switched back, but had to throw bodies forward, and they were brilliant at exploiting the gaps.

Obviously they're a top side, but there is no way we should going there with any kind of inferiority complex - we're more than capable of getting a result if the performance, tactics etc. are on the money.

Ajax twats should enjoy today's match programme

305602_10152243766140455_1182432134_n.jpg

Hi fellas! can anyone tell me the max amount of games in a row Tevez and Aguero have played? You should play them tonight! All Star strikers for an all star game

Hit a new low, sat writing an assignment analysing the media's representation of the Olympic and Paralympic games whilst drinking a Coke with my friends Jake and Daniel - 15:00 is the time me and the lads would meet for night games and start the watering - gutting being at university. Pre-drinks starting early, sign this off, bit of FIFA, then watch the game and then go out - not the same but it'll do.

I can see us dominating tonight - we showed last season that when we had our backs against the walls we could come back and fight our way out. We've not shown that so far this season, I think tonight's the night to do so.

------------------Hart-------------------
---Zab---Kompany--Nastasic----Kolarov---
-------------Garcia-----Barry-------------
-------------------Yaya------------------
----------Nasri------------Aguero--------
------------------Tevez------------------

Clearly the attacking four would be interchanging and it wouldn't be a rigid system.

Would love to have been there tonight against a beautiful club with so much history (should that be historieeeeee), would have been even better with Guidetti on the bench to come off and put them to the sword in the final 30.

Some fine trolling by City to put Guidetti on the cover. There will be some angry Ajax fans if they see it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.