City v Arsenal post match discussion

The team seems to be going backwards not forwards. This was the worst performance so far. My sons under 21 team show more passion and hunger. I don't know what has happened to the midfield but they need to get Gareth and Milner out there ASAP. Give Denis Suarez a run he can't be any worse. The passing game and movement off the ball was completely missing.

Mancini needs to put a rocket up some of them because they seem to be complacent.

Edin played well and despite some comments I thought vinnie showed some return to a bit of form. My only other comment is to do with the recruitment strategy. At this stage I don't believe that it has been a success. For all the discussion on the transfer forum at this stage I consider nastasic to be promising and I want to give javi more time. But it does astound me that there were so many good players discussed including cazorla, who actually tore us to shreds. We have scouts watching all these players so it makes you wonder.

Overall the guys need to get back to the basics because they are not getting the fundamentals right.

Re: Not good enough

Cant blame Lescott for the goal. The ball was touched by another player and it changed the direction so Lescott could head it only the ground in a 1/10 second but who was watching Koscielny at all? He shouldnt have enough time to take a rebound and have a shot.

micah2013 said:
A bit new here but yaya doesn't surprised me with his laziness that is why barca were happy to let him go, great player but so lazy when it comes to defending but all the sudden he finds energy going forward.

the sooner Micah comes back the better , people blaming garcia when he had the whole of the midfield to mark all by himself coz yaya couldn't be arsed to help him.

arsenal were better and deserve a point,worse game by clichy for a long time.

Yaya is normally like that. He just doesn't have the stamina to do that job, especially after playing midweek. Why he isn't pushed forward from the start I'll never know. Drop someone else, he's better than them anyway.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Not one player came out to give a interview piss poor...

Can't really blame them. when Joe came out and told it how it was he got bollocked.

Mancini has bought too many players - simple as. Garcia/Rodwell?Milner are all fighting for one place, and then he plays Yaya as a DM whehn he's clearly better as an AM. Dzeko played superb today and was replaced by Tevez when Aguero wasn't fully match fit? Go figure. RM is losing it. As for Balotelli, what a waste of space.

I hate to say this but werw gonna do naff all this season, something has basically changed at the club and i cant put my finger on it.
It could be the signings weve made they are not Mancini type of signings and again im loathed to say this but i think it all stems from not signing Van Persie that was one collosal dropped bollock by Marwood cause this guy could win it for the rags ...spit

EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
EaglesFan said:
It's really amazing the difference one sub can make....

1st half - Rodwell for Sinclair = we had Arsenal by their nuts for 20 minutes afterwards.

2nd half - Tevez for Dzeko = no hold up play, no physical presence up front = Arsenal owned us for last 20 minutes.

Sorry lads - this game is all on Roberto.
He is stubborn with some of his attitudes, and will not adjust - and I am starting to have doubts about his ability to take such a GREAT team forward.

And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

Yes you talk to morons who are bitter and don't seemingly know that much about the game.

He won us the fa cup, league and CS, so don't worry about people who see the odd match or motd highlights.

He is learning still himself and if his record is not to be rated then I can only imagine what they think of Pullis or big Sam.

Far too much tinkering with the team from Bobby. Lets get back to last season's winning formula ffs.

fucking hacked off. performance was so below par its untrue. silva's passing, the ability to not keep hold of the ball, the fact we're not clinical infront of goal, did rodwell play?

miserable day

EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
EaglesFan said:
It's really amazing the difference one sub can make....

1st half - Rodwell for Sinclair = we had Arsenal by their nuts for 20 minutes afterwards.

2nd half - Tevez for Dzeko = no hold up play, no physical presence up front = Arsenal owned us for last 20 minutes.

Sorry lads - this game is all on Roberto.
He is stubborn with some of his attitudes, and will not adjust - and I am starting to have doubts about his ability to take such a GREAT team forward.

And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

I've been harshly critical of you recently. My annoyance comes from the idea that you are one of those Dzeko only posters bu posts like this make me believe that you're in the boat with all of us for the long haul, and if that's the case then I welcome you as a brother in arms and will defend you against the rags of the world as we do with all on here.
I can understand your problem between the people out in the real world and the people on here. All I can say to you, is that the people on here are massive football fans, who attend or attended many games in their lives. We live football, our entire lives are based around it. We have soon great managers and we have seen bad managers. By almost every metric, Roberto is a great fucking manager.
We on here know that it isn't as easy as picking the best players in the world and sticking them on a pitch. The Galacticos at Real Madrid should have taught you that. You need the correct people for the correct tactics, and Roberto along with Kidd and Platt is fostering a squad that can cope with many scenarios and many tactics. I'll remind you that Mancini took Yaya Toure from a rejected CB/DM at Barcelona to one of the most feared midfielders in the entire world. He took Lescott from a joke into a solid defender. Barry from the punchline to the man people are missing. When Mancini took over, Kompany was a midfielder, Zab was playing in DM and Hart was turfed out in favour of Shay Given.
The man has improved almost every single player who he has worked with at the club. He's definitely turfed some out because he didn't want to work with them, but the guys who are here have improved leaps and bounds. He has done so whilst consistently winning trophies.

I don't care what those who aren't as attentive to the situation at City say. The job of a manager is to improve the players and win trophies. He has done both in abundance. You can tell your friends that the fans of Manchester City who pay attention for 90 minutes every game told them to get fucked. You know better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.