City v Arsenal post match discussion

bert38 said:
deano ou812 said:
Our form is a concern,and our defending compared to last season is shocking,i get the feeling that some of the players are still dining out on the last day title win together with the we are the champions so this will be a walk in the park attitude in games.....

I do think its more a case of disjointed pre-season, injuries to key players that are the main cause.
Well one things for sure we can only improve,already looking forward to the villa game,slightly off subject how come the teams that played today all play on weds except one ourselves who play tuesday....

I've tried to take positives from our league start. Our performances have been poor on the whole, but now we're also sub-par compared to points acquired last season, I'm starting to worry.

Our midfield, this season, makes me want to cry. What the fuck has happened to it?

bluebannana said:
anyone else think a point considering we were the worse team was good against an in form arsenal ??

Yeah. I just think it's disappointing we ended up holding on for dear life in our own half while Arsenal came at us in waves.

Yaya is the only thing holding that midfield together and he's nearing 30. He's both the deep passer and the man who makes runs forward. When he touches the ball, that's the only time we get any semblance of a counter going. It's the only time we look dangerous. The rest of the midfield bar Silva were booting the ball out of fear. This is in our own home. And it's a problem going back several seasons. It never changes no matter which personnel Wenger uses.

Completely outplayed by Arsenal on our own patch. If Gervinho was a half decent player he could of got 2 or 3.

We have been poor all season. Mancini needs to stop pissing around with formations and go back to 4231.

Re: Not good enough

mcfcliam said:
Simple as that really. Lescott is surely on borrowed time. Milner horribly under used.

Sort it out.

what did lescott do wrong? scored, defended well and passed the ball, if anyhting kompany was worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.