City v Arsenal post match discussion

Yaya_Tony said:
We didn't play well and still drew, against an arse team previously on fire. Some of the lads in this thread need to realise what fucking game we play here. Football doesn't always go your own way, we have enough quality to pick it up over a season.

Agree with this
Our league form has been patchy at best yet we are still undefeated
The next 5 league games are all extremely winnable and if we can get 12-15 points out of them that will put us in a healthy position for the run up to Christmas and hopefully get the swagger and confidence we had last year
Keep the faith people!

Zabaleta, Dzeko and Hart are the only ones who can be happy with the way they played today.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya were shocking. Everyone else was average.

n_mcfc said:
- Dzeko should've stayed on: He was playing well and Aguero isn't match fit. Tevez should've replaced Aguero

- Sinclair deserved to stay on ahead of Silva based on the first half. If he's being replaced by Rodwell, don't play Rodwell on the wing.

-Garcia's been with us for 3 weeks, you can't expect him to hold a midfield for 90 minutes on his own. Rodwell should've been playing next to him for the 2nd half. Or Barry.

- Yaya didn't play as a defensive midfielder nor as an attacking midfielder today - why, I don't know.

- We look bang average at the moment and I'm struggling to put my finger on why.

-Garcia's been with us for 3 weeks, you can't expect him to hold a midfield for 90 minutes on his own.

Most of BM wont be able to get their heads round such a sensible and realistic appraisal.

Feed-The-Goat said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
Nigel De Jong.
He is not the missing link. That is Barry

I didn't say he was the missing link.

He broke up the play and linked defence to attack. Won the ball and found the creative player.

We could not link Defence to attack today.
Tbf mate the whole team couldn't link anything today. So many players off form at the moment.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
He is not the missing link. That is Barry

I didn't say he was the missing link.

He broke up the play and linked defence to attack. Won the ball and found the creative player.

We could not link Defence to attack today.
Tbf mate the whole team couldn't link anything today. So many players off form at the moment.
i agree a lot of players not at it yet silva ya ya ,kompany we will be ok

Have to bare in mind that Arsenal are a better team then we'd like them to be and are particularly in form at this moment in time, so the result is not a disaster.

The performance was though, in my opinion. I genuinely don't think Mancini knows what our best team is at the moment and neither do we, because nothing its being given the chance to iron out the kinks.

Dzeko was the best striker on the pitch today, but I still think we have to play Aguero and Tevez, and permanently. The best partnership is the best threat, and we've won a 100% of the games Aguero and Tevez have started together, all of which occurred within the time period of an out of form David Silva just like we have now. Not a coincidence. Have to just do it and stop worrying about egos and giving everyone a fair amount of games.

The best team is the best team, end of. If Balotelli and Dzeko don't like it, then tough. You think Ferguson gave a crap about Berbatov's feelings? You have to do what you have to do.

Yaya isn't the fittest of players in my opinion, and looked completely out of gas today.

Our defence was actually better today IMO, but it was nice back in the day when we could hold onto a lead...

Frustrating times, and Mancini gives every impression that he's flailing. Aguero and Tevez. Only ace card we have left to try.

Arsenal have got off to a strong start but they will come unstuck. Even though we were way below par, we still created a few good chances. We kept Podloski quiet, but Gervinho had very good game against us though.

Some observations from my South Stand viewpoint...new players still trying to bed in and integrate....last year's star performers well below their best...some complacency is apparent without doubt...fitness issues among certain players...not working hard enough when we don't have the ball...conceding sloppy, preventable goals from half clearances in virtually every game...creating chances but not clinical enough to kill teams off...vulnerable to counter attacks all game long.

Dzeko unlucky to be subbed, Milner unlucky to not make the bench again. Sinclair no worse than Silva...Rodwell coming on was because Silva's side was wide open not Sinclair's.

Overall the performance didn't merit anything more than a point but, like Tuesday, our inablility to protect a lead must be worrying for Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.