City v Arsenal post match discussion

Re: Giving The Ball Away (arrrgh!)

jrb said:
What's happened?

Last season we were the best team at retaining possession. This season we keep on giving the ball away time after time.

The last 10 minutes against Madrid and today against Araenal are prime examples.

We need to get back to bascis. And dare I say it, Bobby should stop tinkering with the team/formation.

Look at the way teams set up now pal - compact midfields where we simply can't penetrate, the logical option would to have some width, we have none, and sinclair certainly isn;t the answer!!!

Happy with a point today.

Arsenal were impressive, the title will be fought for by more teams this season.

We will get stronger as the season goes on, we are suffering from our players being internationals and being the best.

Also a key point is that in the last 20 minutes the difference between playing Real Madrid and Montpellier showed.

Mancini has to get back to the tough to beat mentallity. I'd take 1-0s all the way to the end of the season over the open style we have currently employed.
Stick to four at the back, get them settled (rotate for the Cups) and lets get some clean sheets back on the board. Very frustrating constantly conceiding goals.

Well there are some happy sods on here! Arsenal are a lot better than last season, bringing Rodwell on tightened us up and for half an hour in the 2nd we were well in control. Why mancini took Edin off instead of a knackered Aguero i do not know. At the moment we have several players off the pace, Silva, Clichy,Nasri, Lescott and Garcia, although Kompany looked more like his old self today. We have too many players to try and keep happy and mancini seems to think that by rotating all the time will keep them happy. Milners omissions are very odd, especially in madrid the other night
Don't panic chaps, have you seen chelsea and utd's performances this weekend? I thought we looked better than both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.