City v Arsenal post match discussion

No pressing and Silva lost somewhere... Last autumn we were pressing Guardiola-like high and Silva was the best midfielder in the world. Now it's different so we're closer to 10/11 season.

We didn't play well and still drew, against an arse team previously on fire. Some of the lads in this thread need to realise what fucking game we play here. Football doesn't always go your own way, we have enough quality to pick it up over a season.

Damocles said:
EaglesFan said:
didactic said:
And hes back with his Dzeko is the difference chat. So why did Dzeko not score? We lost to a defensive lapse. All this Dzeko support is crazy he had a very good game but he also could have scored.

Support the team your nationality should not factor into that.

I am supporting the team, no question. I'm just pissed off as much as the next guy.
Also - as I hang around mostly with people who are not City supporters, what strikes me is that people on this board dont realize that most football fans (non-City fans) do not rate Roberto and think he should be doing much better with the team he has...you think there is a reason for that? Honest question.

I've been harshly critical of you recently. My annoyance comes from the idea that you are one of those Dzeko only posters bu posts like this make me believe that you're in the boat with all of us for the long haul, and if that's the case then I welcome you as a brother in arms and will defend you against the rags of the world as we do with all on here.
I can understand your problem between the people out in the real world and the people on here. All I can say to you, is that the people on here are massive football fans, who attend or attended many games in their lives. We live football, our entire lives are based around it. We have soon great managers and we have seen bad managers. By almost every metric, Roberto is a great fucking manager.
We on here know that it isn't as easy as picking the best players in the world and sticking them on a pitch. The Galacticos at Real Madrid should have taught you that. You need the correct people for the correct tactics, and Roberto along with Kidd and Platt is fostering a squad that can cope with many scenarios and many tactics. I'll remind you that Mancini took Yaya Toure from a rejected CB/DM at Barcelona to one of the most feared midfielders in the entire world. He took Lescott from a joke into a solid defender. Barry from the punchline to the man people are missing. When Mancini took over, Kompany was a midfielder, Zab was playing in DM and Hart was turfed out in favour of Shay Given.
The man has improved almost every single player who he has worked with at the club. He's definitely turfed some out because he didn't want to work with them, but the guys who are here have improved leaps and bounds. He has done so whilst consistently winning trophies.

I don't care what those who aren't as attentive to the situation at City say. The job of a manager is to improve the players and win trophies. He has done both in abundance. You can tell your friends that the fans of Manchester City who pay attention for 90 minutes every game told them to get fucked. You know better.

Whilst you're unquestionably right about the things Roberto has done (the development of Kompers, Barry, Lescott, Zab et al), I've certainly still got reservations about the part I've highlighted in your post. Indeed I'd argue that we are the team that seems to have the most limitations out of the top 5 (or 6 if you include Everton, who are buzzing). We struggle against teams that park the bus, we struggle against teams that counter attack with pace and we really struggle against teams that press us high up the pitch. We seem almost totally reliant on Ya Ya for pace and drive in midfield at the moment, we never seem to have an out ball to take the pressure off, we end up defending too deep because of that (and today when Dzeko was actually doing what was required in that 'hold up' role, Mancini went and took him off, inviting Arsenal onto us as the ball kept coming straight back), we have no experienced cover at centre half and we still have very little width either from an attacking point of view or, more crucially at the moment, defensively, with both our full backs horribly exposed.
Bobby's done great things for us so far, but at the moment he seems to have his head up his arse. There's a long way to go, but at the moment the squad does not look like one that can cope with many scenarios and tactics, it looks the exact opposite.

herrock said:
Well there are some happy sods on here! Arsenal are a lot better than last season, bringing Rodwell on tightened us up and for half an hour in the 2nd we were well in control. Why mancini took Edin off instead of a knackered Aguero i do not know. At the moment we have several players off the pace, Silva, Clichy,Nasri, Lescott and Garcia, although Kompany looked more like his old self today. We have too many players to try and keep happy and mancini seems to think that by rotating all the time will keep them happy. Milners omissions are very odd, especially in madrid the other night
Don't panic chaps, have you seen chelsea and utd's performances this weekend? I thought we looked better than both.

A fair assesment and not million miles from where we are at the moment. A cup win against Aston Villa might help with our confidence.

- Dzeko should've stayed on: He was playing well and Aguero isn't match fit. Tevez should've replaced Aguero

- Sinclair deserved to stay on ahead of Silva based on the first half. If he's being replaced by Rodwell, don't play Rodwell on the wing.

-Garcia's been with us for 3 weeks, you can't expect him to hold a midfield for 90 minutes on his own. Rodwell should've been playing next to him for the 2nd half. Or Barry.

- Yaya didn't play as a defensive midfielder nor as an attacking midfielder today - why, I don't know.

- We look bang average at the moment and I'm struggling to put my finger on why.

herrock said:
Well there are some happy sods on here! Arsenal are a lot better than last season, bringing Rodwell on tightened us up and for half an hour in the 2nd we were well in control. Why mancini took Edin off instead of a knackered Aguero i do not know. At the moment we have several players off the pace, Silva, Clichy,Nasri, Lescott and Garcia, although Kompany looked more like his old self today. We have too many players to try and keep happy and mancini seems to think that by rotating all the time will keep them happy. Milners omissions are very odd, especially in madrid the other night
Don't panic chaps, have you seen chelsea and utd's performances this weekend? I thought we looked better than both.

Always the same when we don't win. Some posters think we shoudl win every game and we'll win silverware every season. History sayes that never happens.

Some posts after a draw or defeat make RAWK look like a haven for calm and reason.

Yaya_Tony said:
We didn't play well and still drew, against an arse team previously on fire. Some of the lads in this thread need to realise what fucking game we play here. Football doesn't always go your own way, we have enough quality to pick it up over a season.
You make out as though we were unlucky not to win it. We were miles off the pace and have been poor all season.

A lot of people would of left today thinking we were lucky to take a point.

People know what game we are playing, they are probably hoping Mancini reverts back to what worked last season and go to 4231 instead of 442 or 352. We look all over the shop defensively.

herrock said:

True....but then again they both won, whilst we didn't

Most of you are also forgetting we played an incredibly tough and draining game v Madrid earlier in the week to.

We were some way off our best today but one of the teams who will definitely challenge for our crown couldn't and didn't beat us today. Arsenal played their 'best' whereas we were 65% of our optimum.

We are still unbeaten in the league and still have our insanely brilliant home record.

Not bad considering the earlier testing we got from Madrid and we've just faced another CL team.

Most of you really are glass half empty types arent you? :)

There's not much 'wrong', just a few cobwebs that need dusting off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.