City v Arsenal post match discussion

bluebannana said:
Tevez City said:
Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

agree with sinclair and garcia, but rodwells played well and is one for the future.

I know Rodwell was good, but not better than Milner IMO.

People on here are quick to defend yaya but i remember him at barca during their 2009 champions league winning year they were taken by counters quite a lot,you guessed who was the defensive mid,yes yaya,people say he saves energy for his later attacking runs but football is not like that.

At barca they just realised that even though i hate his guts as a person busquets was more willing to do the dirty work of the xavi and co.

we better expect teams to play this very compact as we are the ones to beat and don't expect any gifts from refs rags, not a yaya toure hater but i wish he would try on the defensive side as much as he does going forward .

Stoned Rose said:
Most of you are also forgetting we played an incredibly tough and draining game v Madrid earlier in the week to.

We were some way off our best today but one of the teams who will definitely challenge for our crown couldn't and didn't beat us today. Arsenal played their 'best' whereas we were 65% of our optimum.

We are still unbeaten in the league and still have our insanely brilliant home record.

Not bad considering the earlier testing we got from Madrid and we've just faced another CL team.

Most of you really are glass half empty types arent you? :)

There's not much 'wrong', just a few cobwebs that need dusting off.
This^
Rather now than at the end of the season.

Tevez City said:
bluebannana said:
Tevez City said:
Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

agree with sinclair and garcia, but rodwells played well and is one for the future.

I know Rodwell was good, but not better than Milner IMO.

Milner is injured,was mentioned on another thread earlier

Just got in from the game.

Thoughts..Clichy was my man of the match today for me. The rest were distinctly average.

Dzeko - I have been a huge critic but his best game for ages.very surprised to see him come off when Sergio was clearly knackered.

Lescott - Yet another good headed goal but then he goes and fucks up with an abysmal headed clearance. He is a good premiership defender but not world class by any means. Oh for a Carlos Puyol with his dominance in the air.

I am concerned with the lack of team spirit at the moment again. They just don't seem together.

Oh well not going to moan and slag the team. Arsenal were good today and they bossed the middle. Who knows with a little more luck VK's overheader and Sergios follow up could have gone in but we are 4 pts behind.

People need to fucking chill and realise it is a long long season.

Can I just mention the round of applause at the start of the game. Well done city supporters.

Ray78 said:
Arsenal have got off to a strong start but they will come unstuck. Even though we were way below par, we still created a few good chances. We kept Podloski quiet, but Gervinho had very good game against us though.

Not too sure about that

Arsenal look a much better side than they have done for some years now , and i'm sure they will win more games than they'll lose ...... they played some good stuff out there today , and generally defended very well.

In my opinion they might well cop for some silverware this season !

A win against Fulham would bring back the parity in comparison to last season's equivalent results. We beat Arsenal but drew at Fulham last season. If we beat Fulham after drawing with Arsenal we're basically on the same course as last season. But we have to play better to beat Fulham away, not an easy fixture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.