City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
GunnerGer said:
Just come on to say congratulations on a great win!

What a match, not one for the defensive purists but brilliant all the same.

Your home form is incredible, the way you attack teams at home is frightening.

Still, I thought Arsenal had 2 goals wrongly chopped off for offside, and a very good penalty decision turned down that might have made a difference.

Really disappointed in the manner of our defending today after looking so good in that respect all season, although I was fairly happy with our attacking. Again for me, Giroud doesn't score in a big game and missed 2 good chances in 2 minutes, I've said it time and time again that for the top top games you need a top top striker.

I had this chalked down as a loss, and I wouldn't use it to judge our title chances. Arsenals big game is next week, that's the game I would judge our title chances on.

Get your away form sorted, and you will be likely winners though!!

Giroud's doesnt really count as the whistle went and all the City defenders stopped playing and were walking up the pitch. Still 6-5 would have flattered the arse of you today. Apart from 10 mins in the second half you were dominated today.

Fair play for coming on after that though

You were always going to dominate today though. Our team isn't good enough to dominate against the best team yet away from home, and well your easily the best home team in the country.

To get any sort of result today we needed to be great in defence and ruthless in attack, sadly we were neither (although we still scored 3 goals).

As I mentioned, next week is our big game. Sadly though, knowing Arsenal against a Mourinho team, we won't win that either.

If its down to the best teams that win the league, then you overall are the best team so deserve to do so. Better than us, better than Chelsea, and better than Utd.

Quite enjoyed that really.
Some of our attacking play was phenomenal and we could have had a couple more. I thought Arsenal played well, particularly between our third and fourth goals when we hardly got a kick, but overall we deserved the win.
Dino gets better every game, Silva was excellent considering he's been out so long and Navas held the ball really well though I thought he should have hit the byline more often. At the back Zab was as solid as ever, Vince excellent, Clichy attacked well and de Mick showed some good touches. Conceding three at home isn't great, but somehow it can be forgiven when we score six.
Heard a nasty rumour that BBC have to make an additional payment to BT Sport if they want to show more than three and a half minutes of the BTS game. Just sack the pundits and get it paid.
More at Leicester and Fulham please.

article-0-1A19F6E900000578-931_634x451.jpg

Re: Ozil

mancity1 said:
moomba said:
Mertesacker wasnt too happy.

Poor form from him to chastise him on the pitch , typical German (LOL).

In the dressing room would have been more appropriate if at all.

How many players these days leave the field straight away after a loss or a win for that matter?

Know what you mean but I like to see a bit of passion from somebody who is obviously hurting after a defeat, at least the big German realises how much the Arse fans spent to get to the game and support their team and it's the least the players can do to go over and show a bit of gratitude...doesn't take much to do but means a lot to the supporters.

quote="Blue Haze"]Exquisite. Best PL game I've seen in forever

Well done team, well done Pelle and staff. Beautiful.[/quote]

This, I am seriously struggling to remember a better PL game.

As for our part in it, I thought we were awesome. Took the game to them from the first whistle to the last, won all of the individual battles.

Fern was incredible but for me Nasri really stood out.

As for Nasri and Silva not being able to play together-Pugh! Born to be side by side.

Onwards and upwards.

Just got back. My only criticism was it was very windy on the M62 on my motorbike. At 95 mph had to lean off the seat to counteract the sidewind.

Now to the game - WOW! Im in City heaven.

Aresenal and City play similar football. The BIG difference - City have a more combative style. In shoulder to shoulder situations, the city player has more of a bite. In those situations, its men against boys.

Big up for Samir. He is class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.