City v Arsenal Post Match

SuperSilva21 said:
Nothing to over analyse here in my opinion.. We wasn't as good as we can be by some distance, Arsenal played well! we lost.... move on to Boro!!

Their 2nd goal needs over analysing to death, preferably by our coaches. There was nothing subtle about the free kick, it wasn't whipped in at pace, it was a simple floated chip down the centre and yet we allowed 2 or 3 attackers to get goalside of our back line. Unforgivable schoolboy defending and not for the first time this season.

lancs blue said:
SuperSilva21 said:
Nothing to over analyse here in my opinion.. We wasn't as good as we can be by some distance, Arsenal played well! we lost.... move on to Boro!!

Their 2nd goal needs over analysing to death, preferably by our coaches. There was nothing subtle about the free kick, it wasn't whipped in at pace, it was a simple floated chip down the centre and yet we allowed 2 or 3 attackers to get goalside of our back line. Unforgivable schoolboy defending and not for the first time this season.

Agreed and like I said "We wasn't as good as we can be by some distance" and it included that piece of woeful defending!

I'm sure Pellers will be blasting them for the softness of that goal (IMO Hart was equally to blame for not coming pout to a ball in that had no pace on it!)

Set pieces at both ends need seriously looking at TBH

Sometimes in football...you lose...the end

Was chatting to the fella next to me Sunday and we both agreed...we have been spoilt at Eastlands...We always expect to win and we more often than not do

Which makes it all the harder to stomach when we don't

Arsenal are a good team and had the better of us this time...Next time maybe they won't

Tbh i had a bad feeling about this game. Arsenal were coming to us in good form and a record to put right. Also being it we have not been playing well now for a good few weeks...

Burnley home 2.0 up 2.2 FT
couple days later against Sunderland the same again but managed to grab a winner.
Couple of days later we basically had our first 11 out and nearly got dumped out of the FA cup by a Championship mid table side.
We then had a week to prepare going to Everton who were in terrible form and got a 1.1

We need to start with the same 11 vs boro that we will do chelsea. Get them playing together and get 4 or more goals...

I wonder if last season the defending was generally better because the team still had the traits of Bobby Manc's approach. Its been garbage a lot of times this season, full of last ditch tackles and stupid free kicks.

We need to get organised again, it might mean playing "boring" for a few games but its needs to be addressed.

I know we've been well behind the leaders before but it just seems that this Chelsea team is more of a machine than the United and Liverpool teams we chased down in the past. There really is no room for error from here on in. We have to go on a winning run similar to the Dippers did last year, starting at Stamford Bridge!

BlueTaylor91 said:
Tbh i had a bad feeling about this game. Arsenal were coming to us in good form and a record to put right. Also being it we have not been playing well now for a good few weeks...

Burnley home 2.0 up 2.2 FT
couple days later against Sunderland the same again but managed to grab a winner.
Couple of days later we basically had our first 11 out and nearly got dumped out of the FA cup by a Championship mid table side.
We then had a week to prepare going to Everton who were in terrible form and got a 1.1

We need to start with the same 11 vs boro that we will do chelsea. Get them playing together and get 4 or more goals...

Agree with this. A result like yesterday was on the cards.

In December we got away with the injuries resultwise, even more so as Chelsea dropped points. But we never played like Southampton and Sunderland away when it showed how good we are with (most of) the important players fit and running. The fact that we keep being unable to play a string of games with Hart/Kompany/Yaya/Silva/Aguero being our spine, was gonna cost us at some point. The other squadplayers can only perform well on a more consistent bases when these players are in form and regularly able to play and drive the others on.

Compare our injuryrecord to Chelsea (or even Liverpool last year) and we know why we so often need to huff and puff to get a decent result. We got a hard working squad, but when things are not going well during the game if often shows they are limited without our spine players.

Jullarkey said:
I know we've been well behind the leaders before but it just seems that this Chelsea team is more of a machine than the United and Liverpool teams we chased down in the past. There really is no room for error from here on in. We have to go on a winning run similar to the Dippers did last year, starting at Stamford Bridge!

I agree mate.

I am far from throwing in the towel and won't do unless it gets mathematically beyond our reach. But if you look at the two seasons where we have won it recently, both relied on huge pieces of good fortune and we really shouldn't rely on getting lucky every time, because we won't always be lucky.

This Chelsea side will imho be like a machine in the run-in and an 8 point gap would imho be uncatchable.

Bluebee2 said:
The first half was as bad a match I have seen for a long time, both teams were awful. We picked it up second half but couldn't get that bit of luck or find the final killer ball call it what you want. Mangala should start with Kompany for all his downfalls this season he's got to start to get him in the groove so to speak. I see now people are seeing how important Toure is to us after all the Gary Neville bollocks after the Roma game, you miss one of the best midfielders in the world when he is replaced with two only good ones who are not in the top 10 of midfielders. Bad day at the office call it what you want but we've been in worse positions and still gone on to win it, come on City !

I think the point Neville was getting at is that we can play without him, which is true, but only for certain games. Roma away where we didnt have 65% possession being one of them. Yesterday Yaya would have made better use of the possession, he has the killer pass or drive forward that the 2 Fern's dont. Against Roma Yaya wouldnt have covered the ground like the 2 Fern's. Certain games for certain players possibly, but if we have Yaya available he HAS to play every game.

Was Mike Dean even looking when he awarded a penalty to Arsenal?

B7txkWXCIAEmQaa.jpg

Mike Dean awarded Arsenal a controversial penalty in the 24th minute against Manchester City on Sunday, and questions have been asked as to whether the referee even saw the foul.
Replays highlighted on Match of the Day 2 appear to show the official looking away as Vincent Kompany blocks Nacho Monreal off the ball inside of the box at the Etihad.
Santi Cazorla scored the penalty as Arsenal went on to win 2-0 against the Barclays Premier League champions, putting a serious dent in their hopes of retaining the title over Chelsea.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2916606/Mike-Dean-awarded-Arsenal-penalty-against-Manchester-City-referee-looking-Vincent-Kompany-fouled-Nacho-Monreal.html#ixzz3PH63btVz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3PH63btVz</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.