City v Barca

Im with Damocles here. I think some of you need to wise up.

We have a squad capable of beating Barca, they have a squad capable of beating us /thread

Damocles said:
Dax777 said:
Damocles said:
Yeah, we're five clear at the top, and twatting teams by five asnd six every week. We are obviously shit.

That Barca team, who only beat United because Rooney was a lazy bastard, would definitely thump us. Because Football Manager says so.
This is just a strawman. No one made that claim.

Certainly, those who disagree with you must have gottent there information from football manager. Certainly, it couldn't be because they have the best player in the world, or the top t3 Ballon' D'or from last season. Certainly can't be because they won the CL and Spanish league. Certainly, the fact that they are considered the best team of this generation, both in performance and result clearly has nothing to do with it. I am sure the Chemistry from playing the same system with practically the same set of players didn't play a role.

Clearly, the only basis for thinking they will win, is surely coz Football Manager says so!

Clearly.

The idea that a team of superstars in Manchester City, who are spanking teams left, right and centre, are top of the league having dropped two points all season and are currently playing some of the best football in the world, could beat a team that has so many massive name players in it is completely impossible and should be instantly dismissed as a stupid idea.

Wonder if there has ever been such a team we could use as an example. Hmmm!

we only won 6 -1 away to (apparently) the second best team in Europe so clearly we'd have no chance against Barca

TCIB said:

We have a squad capable of beating Barca, they have a squad capable of beating us /thread
Rubin Kazan, Hercules, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Sevilla, Madrid (both), all have a squad capable of beating Barca--- As in they actually have done this in the last 3 years. So saying we have a club capable of beating Barca isn't saying much. Arsenal and Everton both have a club capable of beating us, yet I doubt we think they are in the same class as CT. Certainly not Everton.

The issue is not whether we can beat Barca. On any day, any team can get beat. The underlying question of this this thread is whether we are on their level! And the answer is and emphatic NO! We simply are not on Barca's level. 1-6 nothwitstanding. The same way United is not on their level simply because they beat Arsenal 8-2.

What we have done the last 3 months is what they've been doing for close to 3.5 years now.
They do it well. They do it better, and they've done it against teams as talented as ours.

And to be honest, if the general belief by CT players, mirrors Damocles, then I think such a match will see CT being thumped by a huge margin. Madrid used to feel liek equals, then they got thumped. They quickly learned and changed style. Against Barcelona on a good day for both clubs, every team seats back against Barca. Period. I don't care what talents you have. Barcelona has as much talent as any squad, but they also have 2ice the chemistry of any.

Some of you should watch the Barca/Madrid clashes from last season. It is not the score that was shocking. It was the domination of possession. Against Barca, all teams are Stoke City! That is just the reality. The sooner the opposition learns that, the better their chances. Ask Rubin Kazan!

We're obviously capable of beating Barca, but I wouldn't really fancy our chances against them.

Dax777 said:
TCIB said:

Rubin Kazan, Hercules, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Sevilla, Madrid (both), all have a squad capable of beating Barca--- As in they actually have done this in the last 3 years. So saying we have a club capable of beating Barca isn't saying much. Arsenal and Everton both have a club capable of beating us, yet I doubt we think they are in the same class as CT. Certainly not Everton.

The issue is not whether we can beat Barca. On any day, any team can get beat. The underlying question of this this thread is whether we are on their level! And the answer is and emphatic NO! We simply are not on Barca's level. 1-6 nothwitstanding. The same way United is not on their level simply because they beat Arsenal 8-2.

What we have done the last 3 months is what they've been doing for close to 3.5 years now.
They do it well. They do it better, and they've done it against teams as talented as ours.

And to be honest, if the general belief by CT players, mirrors Damocles, then I think such a match will see CT being thumped by a huge margin. Madrid used to feel liek equals, then they got thumped. They quickly learned and changed style. Against Barcelona on a good day for both clubs, every team seats back against Barca. Period. I don't care what talents you have. Barcelona has as much talent as any squad, but they also have 2ice the chemistry of any.

Some of you should watch the Barca/Madrid clashes from last season. It is not the score that was shocking. It was the domination of possession. Against Barca, all teams are Stoke City! That is just the reality. The sooner the opposition learns that, the better their chances. Ask Rubin Kazan!

Between the lines i am saying we could easily expect 5 wins out of 10 matches against them where as say the rags may beat them once or twice. We would not need to rely on riding our luck or a fluke type thing. We are probably the closest team to Barca after maybe Bayern.

Balti said:
we only won 6 -1 away to (apparently) the second best team in Europe so clearly we'd have no chance against Barca
1) United was in the CL final. They were not really the second best team in Europe last year. Madrid was. United was lucky with its draw.
2) The United team this year was not as good as last years. Not that it matters.

By the way, we could beat Barca. We certainly have better players than Kazan, Hercules, Athletico and Inter. But this doesn't mean we are on their level. For fuck sake, Arsenal beat them in the CL last year. But being able to beat them and thinking we are in the same class, are 2 different things.

collie40 said:
MCFC BOB said:
For God's sake. Knee-jerk thread of the week goes to...

LOL, Not knee jerk, just a question! Here and now, i don't think we are anywhere near as good as them, but i honestley think we would beat them in a 1 off game next week! The way we r playing and the way they r underachieving at the mo!

We need Petrov, ohhhhhh yes

TCIB said:
Between the lines i am saying we could easily expect 5 wins out of 10 matches against them where as say the rags may beat them once or twice. We would not need to rely on riding our luck or a fluke type thing. We are probably the closest team to Barca after maybe Bayern.

On the contrary, I don't think our chances are any better than United's. We are both in the same class. Even if we are presently better than United (6-1 considering). Bayern too is in our class. They might have beaten us at their home, but they are not superior. Al three teams are 2 steps behind Barca, and perhaps a half step behind Madrid. Sorry but in 10 tries, it will be a surprise if we could manage 3 wins. Really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.