Barry/Busquets - Difficult one but Busquets
Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

Dax777 said:
TCIB said:
Between the lines i am saying we could easily expect 5 wins out of 10 matches against them where as say the rags may beat them once or twice. We would not need to rely on riding our luck or a fluke type thing. We are probably the closest team to Barca after maybe Bayern.

On the contrary, I don't think our chances are any better than United's. We are both in the same class. Even if we are presently better than United (6-1 considering). Bayern too is in our class. They might have beaten us at their home, but they are not superior. Al three teams are 2 steps behind Barca, and perhaps a half step behind Madrid. Sorry but in 10 tries, it will be a surprise if we could manage 3 wins. Really.

I agree with most of what u say, but Barca 2 steps ahead, no, i think barca 1/2 step ahead of Madrid and Bayern, who are both far better than Utd, but City unknown really, we were beaten by experience in Munich(then the Tevez affair) but held our own and were even the better side for the first 30 mins, we were niave(and still r to some degree) against BM, Dzeko had something to prove but played poorly, Mario suspended, Tevez wasn't warm enough and Aguero didn't get much help(because of Dzeko's poor performance)I know all ifs and maybe's, but Mario would've made a difference and if a couple of other things had gone our way, we could quite easily of got something off BM in their own back yard! Don't forget we were already 2-0 down when we brought our world class holding m/f player on, had we had had NDJ on from the start would it have been 2-0 at the time? who knows, we will have a better idea after the home leg!

nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Richards/Alves - Difficult one but Alves
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol
Clichy/Abidal - Difficult one but Clichy

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

That's a bit over simplistic.

If we were being pedantic you could say Silva > Pedro, Yaya > Busquets etc. Comparing sides "man for man" is subjective and pointless. It's about the team.

But yes, I agree, we would struggle to beat Barca.

nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

If your gonna be like that y don't u play the best CITY team
NDJ/Busquets- NDJ
Yaya/Iniesta -Yaya
Silva/ any1 in the world but we'll go for Xavi- Silva
Messi/any1 in the world but we'll go for Ageuro
Mario/Villa- Mario
I also think Hart would pip the G/K's

Ric said:
nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

If we were being pedantic you could say Silva > Pedro, Yaya > Busquets etc. Comparing sides "man for man" is subjective and pointless. It's about the team.

I agree, it wasn't a serious effort of guessing how things would play out, just picking the best team from all players.

I'd still choose Busquets and Pedro over Yaya and Silva for the purposes of that team.

nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa
CLichy is not half the player Abidal is, and I love Clichy.
Barry and Busquet is not difficult. Busquet is way better.
I'll take Silva over Iniesta (but I understand I am in the minority here)
Milner and Pedro is a bit unfair, depends on what they are doing. One is a forward the other a midfielder.

nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

That is too easy - and will not work like it. It does not matter, if your man might even be better than the other one if he never really comes near the ball...

You cannot beat Barcelona with a passing game - they will always be better at that as they learn that stuff from youth... They will be the ones that will be better in passing - and will be the ones that are better positioned.

nashark said:
Ric said:
nashark said:
Valdes/Hart - Valdes
Kompany/Pique - Kompany
Lescott/Puyol - Puyol

Yaya/Xavi - Xavi
Silva/Iniesta - Iniesta
Milner/Pedro - Pedro

Aguero/Messi - Messi
Dzeko/Villa - Villa

I agree, it wasn't a serious effort of guessing how things would play out, just picking the best team from all players.

I'd still choose Busquets and Pedro over Yaya and Silva for the purposes of that team.

When Yaya played70/90 % of their games 3 years ago, i think they won was it 5/6 competitions, the year after when he was injured and only played 20/30% of games they won the league and spains version of the carling cup, basically what that tells me is that Barca's m/f is worse without, than with Yaya. Messi undoubtedly the best player on the planet, but Villa? He's like a statue on the left wing untill something happens, addmitedly he's good when doing something, but doesn't do enough, and don't get me started about Pedro, i know it's a great knack to be in the right place at the right time, but thats all he ever seems to do as far as i can see!

TCIB said:
Just contain Messi, he does not usually excel against English teams so that helps.

Sorry, what? Scored in two finals against United and four in one game versus Arsenal.

And anyone who suggests Yaya is better than Iniesta needs seeing to.

We're among the top three or four teams in the world right now.

The current Barca side are among the top three or four teams of all-time.

dark poet said:
TCIB said:
Just contain Messi, he does not usually excel against English teams so that helps.

Sorry, what? Scored in two finals against United and four in one game versus Arsenal.

And anyone who suggests Yaya is better than Iniesta needs seeing to.

We're among the top three or four teams in the world right now.

The current Barca side are among the top three or four teams of all-time.
Dude! You play too much Fifa Manager. Or whatever it is that the kids play these days. :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.