City v Barcelona Post Match Thread

Don't think he played badly tonight. I don't even think he's as bad as people on here say. Am I on my own thinking this? Tell me I'm not on my own here ...
You're not.

He was showing good signs in the Milan game, and I'm sure Pep came up with the plan for him for this game after watching his long range passing against Milan. He was very clearly tasked with getting the ball out to wingers in attacking position today which he did successfully throughout the game, and his defensive play was just as solid.

I wouldn't have any criticism of his play today, other than maybe the penalty which was a bit flat, but I don't think anyone was well prepared for that shootout, and fairplay for him stepping up to take the first one. Kudos to Fatah for his pen.

You're not.

He was showing good signs in the Milan game, and I'm sure Pep came up with the plan for him for this game after watching his long range passing against Milan. He was very clearly tasked with getting the ball out to wingers in attacking position today which he did successfully throughout the game, and his defensive play was just as solid.

I wouldn't have any criticism of his play today, other than maybe the penalty which was a bit flat, but I don't think anyone was well prepared for that shootout, and fairplay for him stepping up to take the first one. Kudos to Fatah for his pen.

Even if he is not making cut to the team for when the seasons officially begins, i hope Philips will use this games performance to whatever club he is going to this summer.

Improvement again from the second game and a draw (pens mean fuck all) despite it being city v barca C teams

As I say, the pens mean fuck all.. just the American way of deciding a match as they don’t understand football.. but ffs we are so shit at taking and saving pens. You may as well as put a sack of spuds in goal and pushed it over.. it would have got closer to some of them than Ortega did

As a natural attacking midfielder, I think O’Reilly played very well in that DM role. More than ready physically, good in tight spaces and his passing was also good. Very interesting to see that Pep prefer him over Susoho and Wright in that DM role, when both of them are natural DMs

Even if he is not making cut to the team for when the seasons officially begins, i hope Philips will use this games performance to whatever club he is going to this summer.
Same here. Put him in the same role for the Chelsea *friendly*, and the Shield, then see where we go from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.