City v Barcelona Post Match Thread

Strange game. Their kids were allowed to break up our play with professional fouls which they won't get away with if they graduate to the CL (the only player booked for one was one of ours) and Pep seemed pretty angry with Thiago at full time. It's a shame because the crop of young players they have will get them out of the trouble they are in if they continue to develop.
The other take away for me was that I don't think Erling was right at kick off. Initially, he looked disinterested from the off but it was obviously discomfort.

A real confidence boost this "tour".
We played some great stuff last night.
I’m sure there’s plenty of youngsters who will have gained plenty of experience and confidence.
Not sure what you were expecting from a mish mash of players.

Might be the shittest penalty shootout in existence.

Zero conviction!

Pep made some weird decisions in this. Why's he playing Phillips cb? He's never going to play there for us and it deprives an actual cb from playing.

Pep (with help from Bielsa?) has realized he needs the game in front of him. Playing deep CB allows his to get on the ball and even ping it around at times.

Haaland, why is he still only getting 45 minutes? He's had a full pre-season he should be as fit as anybody now, kovacic has just come back and even he got 60 minutes, is he secretly nursing some knock? When he did come off,

Got “discomfort.”

why are we putting mcatee as the false 9? It's not his position, we want to see him play as the 10 as much as possible to see what he's got if he's to break through this season. Just bizarre choices.

McAtee and Bobb shared that false nine role. That’s how we play without a striker.

Pep has seen enough of McAtee as a 10 to know if he stays or goes right now.

For the third game in a row, Doyle despite getting just half hour looked by far the most accomplished of the kids and realistically the only one that has any shot of being involved in any meaningful way with the squad next season if he isn't shipped out on another loan. I think he could prove useful, like to see him stay with us at least until January.

I think Nico O’Reilly is the player that did himself the most good tonight.

Gvardiol looked rusty but expected for his first start, unreal assist. Kovacic seemed to do a Benjamin button, looked really rusty from the off but got fitter and sharper second half, that run for the second was fantastic.

They both did fine, but Gvardiol isn’t replacing any of the regular CBs anytime soon!

Grealish was disappointing overall but he took his goal incredibly well.as meaningless as it is, him getting a goal could really do something for him, lets see whether we get more from him in the last game.

Thought it was the best I’ve seen of him in some time. He was fast, aggressive, took shots, had solid inter-play. Is hoping it’s a positive sign for this season. He did pull up after his goal, but I think it may have just been cramp.

Rico Lewis has played 3 full 90 minutes in 10 days, kid must be fucked.

A few nice touches and got stuck in, but like Pep, I’m not thrilled by his size.

Phillips gets through 90 minutes out of position and puts in a more than respectable shift then misses a pen, zero value to it but when the lads confidence is as shattered as his, that's the last thing he needs.

Best game in blue, but he’s not playing CB in this team. He might get minutes as a second DM that slides back and forth, but he’s only getting game time to be in the shop window, stay fit, and fill in for missing players.

I liked the high intensity, running was insane, very quick match from both sides.

Rico with a top peformance,
Bobb has a habit of losing balls in midfield when he holds the ball too long, has to take care.

O'Reilly is a cool lad with lots of courage too,
Callum brings a lot of stability, good build-up too.
JWE is a dynamic wingback, great work rate.

I wish Macca would have a bit more courage and create more like Foden, as he has it all.

Seeing Kova going on a counter like a warm knife through butter was great - and then Jack's finish!

Well, penalties. Dunno why some still don't know that HALF HIGH isn't a good idea, keeper's hands are right there.

Very entertaining but we don't have enough goals in that squad. Still a good watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.