CITY v Bolton - Official Matchday Thread

Stiss said:
Here is my team

---------------Given----------------

Zab------Toure-------Kompany--------Bridge

----------De Jong----Vieira-------------

-SWP-----------Ireland---------A.Johnson-

----------------Tevez------------------

Or I'd drop Ireland and play a 4-4-2 with Adebayor.

We HAVE to win tonight.

why play 2 defensive midfielders against bolton...they will by pass our midfield with long balls anyway.......drop viera, and put irealnd next to de jong and play ade upfront with tevez in the pocket.

if richards is fit he should start over zab

Kompany is injured so start ned of Boyata....the lad needs a rest

and please Mr mancini......stop playing left wingers ont he right and vice versa.....its a shit tactic!!!

simon23 said:
Stiss said:
Here is my team

---------------Given----------------

Zab------Toure-------Kompany--------Bridge

----------De Jong----Vieira-------------

-SWP-----------Ireland---------A.Johnson-

----------------Tevez------------------

Or I'd drop Ireland and play a 4-4-2 with Adebayor.

We HAVE to win tonight.

why play 2 defensive midfielders against bolton...they will by pass our midfield with long balls anyway.......drop viera, and put irealnd next to de jong and play ade upfront with tevez in the pocket.

and please Mr mancini......stop playing left wingers ont he right and vice versa.....its a shit tactic!!!

My mistake, I forgot about Kompany's injury. Yeah Nedum should start instead of Boyata.

Well in my opinion we will see Vieira start so drop De Jong?

Tough call.

Stiss said:
simon23 said:

My mistake, I forgot about Kompany's injury. Yeah Nedum should start instead of Boyata.

Well in my opinion we will see Vieira start so drop De Jong?

Tough call.

why drop dejong...he does the viera role.......will viera play a whole game......its a big risk!

Please Mr Mancini, start Johnson. He has the ability to tear new arseholes.

Midfield shouldnt have 2 defensive players in it tonight as its just going to be bypassed by the clogging shower of shite.

Unless Coyle has them playing nice and slick passing football? On second thoughts, midfield is going to be bypassed.

--------------------Given------------------

Richards------Toure-----Lescott----Bridge----

------------------Veira--------------------
SWP-------------------------------Johnson
-----------------Ireland--------------------
-----------Adebayor------Tevez------------

and that's exactly where I woud have them playing too. Let Ireland drift directly in front of Veira, and have Sweep and Johno diving in as shallow wings. The three of them should form a tight triangle rather than deeper wing runs, attacks should come in from the points of the box, time and time again with Veira directing traffic from behind. Leave the back to do their job, we need and want goals.

I wouldn't play Ireland and De jong together, neither is creative and controlling at the same time. Veira is the midfield leadership I hope we can finally get. Ireland needs someone to give him direction, once he's got the run off play I think he'll return to his best form.

blueyes said:

I do like the look of that. Dont think we will see it though. Has everything we need. Pace, skill, height, and 2 players with tha ability to pass defenders like they weren't there

MonsallBlue said:
blueyes said:

I do like the look of that. Dont think we will see it though. Has everything we need. Pace, skill, height, and 2 players with tha ability to pass defenders like they weren't there

Looks like a Hughes team. Far too many attacking players. And a holding midfielder making his full premier league appearance for many years.

That is the type of team that would score 3, let in 3 and allow no control of the game. So Mancini will not go with it.

Add de Jong and remove one of the others and it could be nearer the mark. Personally think we should play with one striker and more width. With Ireland given licence to roam and pull the strings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.