CITY v Bolton - Official Matchday Thread

City haven't lost at home for ages. Bolton haven't won away for ages. That probably means 1-0 to Bolton.

Prediction - 2-0 to City.

Why do you all think that Mancini will play players in their correct position, or even play players who should be playing. He will no doubt play either Johnson or Petrov on the right (probably Johnson), he will then play Ireland on the left and have a midfield of Barry and Vieira.
He will refuse to play Lescott or Onuoha and will persist with the highly inexperienced Boyata - who will have yet another shocking game - and once again the game will be dull and boring and we will probably lose or draw, which will confirm that we are not top 4 material.

Its one thing being dull and boring and grinding the results out, but what we are starting to do is be dull and boring and then losing. The pompey game could have quite easily gone to them if they had bothered to take their chances. The Everton, Rags and Hull games we have been complete dross.

I am going to have to force myself to say this but at least under Hughes we were entertaining when we dropped points and right now I'd prefer it if we did that... and i was a hughes outer!

He will have to get the back four right tonight or Kevin Davies will have a feast against Boyata and Toure, he is a fuckin handfull to any defender so Bob will have to be very carefull

robbieh said:
MonsallBlue said:
I do like the look of that. Dont think we will see it though. Has everything we need. Pace, skill, height, and 2 players with tha ability to pass defenders like they weren't there

Looks like a Hughes team. Far too many attacking players. And a holding midfielder making his full premier league appearance for many years.

That is the type of team that would score 3, let in 3 and allow no control of the game. So Mancini will not go with it.

Add de Jong and remove one of the others and it could be nearer the mark. Personally think we should play with one striker and more width. With Ireland given licence to roam and pull the strings.

What I actually would like is the following with Kompany in either CB or RB. I don't know who is quicker off the mark Kompany or Lescott, but whoever it is I would have at RB. Since Kompany is likely to be out, this is not possible.

Since this is Bolton the back four have got to finally show their worth. If we struggle and don't have 3 on before half time then sub Ireland for De Jong and Veira can come forward and let DJ drop in behind, Defensive MF. Personally I'm not a fan of SWP, but he plays with heart and god knows we need that.

Richards------Toure-----Kompany----Lescott----

------------------Veira--------------------
SWP-------------------------------Johnson
-----------------Ireland--------------------
-----------Adebayor------Tevez------------

PS: Although I love NDJ, I want to see the team with four strong tall guys at the back without NDJ's 5"8 disadvantage

-------------------Given-----------------------

Richards------Toure-----Kompany----Lescott----

------------------Barry--------------------
SWP-------------------------------Johnson
-----------------Ireland--------------------

-----------Adebayor------Tevez------------

Just throwing this in to the mix.. but tev was electric when we was playing up top on his own

I wouldnt mind seeing tev have another go up front on his own, swp and petrov or johnson down the sides and superman stevie being at his creative best behind tev!! dejong and barry / viera sureing up midfield and at the back kompany if fit has to play.

Though bolton will probally sit 10 men behind the ball for 90mins then try steal a cheeky one at the end so maybe ade should play!!

Big game tonight if we are serious about top 4!!

some of the posts on hear are wild saying city will lose or draw thats not the way to be talkin about the team u support i think we will hammer them 4nil hat trick for adeayor come on the blues

I have a bad feeling about this match, the only point that Burnley have on their travels was against us when Coyle was their manager. He obviously knows how to set up a team to play against us and he left Burnley for Bolton because he thought they were the better team.

If our players stroll around as they did at Hull and against Portsmouth in the last home game then we could be in for a long cold night.

If we don't win this game we need shooting, mancini is starting to live up to the italian way of being too defensive and it's showing, no need for 300 defensive midfielders in this game, my team:

-----------------Given

Richards-----Toure-----Nedum-----Bridge

-----------------De Jong

SWP-------------Ireland-----------Johnson

------------Tevez---Adebayor

Its another must win game but how many times have we said that this season and fucked it up ?

I really couldnt call it we could win 5 - 0, loose 2 - 1 or draw the game 0 - 0 we just have no form or commitment against the really shit teams we should be easily beating.

Its pretty clear Ireland will not be starting this game after his performance last Saturday, he just doesnt seem to be at the races this season, Mancini clearly not happy and has been making noises that viera and Johnson will start. I expect the team to be :

-----------------Given------------------

Richards-----Toure-----Nedum-----Bridge

----Viera--------De Jong -------Barry---

Tevez----------Adebayor--------Johnson

Providing Richards and Viera are fit that is. 3 - 1 to city rather optimistically.

I've got over that shower of shite at the weekend and am all excited for tonight and back in love with the beautiful game.

We're going to trounce them tonight 5-0!

Plus it'll serve us well leading on to win both of our games in hand so we'll be in 4th, 2 points of 3rd with an easier fixture list than the other 5 teams playing 3rd & 4th.

the future is bright, the future is drunk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.