City v Boro post match

....and he was trying to get rid of him pre-season.
But having actually witnessed his performance in practices and on field, and then having decided that playing him was of benefit to the team...

Pep clearly thinks that Kolarov is an asset to our team, ATM. And I totally agree.

as much as our win midweek was simply phenomenal, the draw to boro has well and truly left a sour taste in the mouth. we need to find a away of putting teams who come to park the bus for 90 mins to the sword. thats three home games in succession that have gone the exact same way. and it is pretty damn obvious that other teams are going to come to the etihad and do the exact same. pep needs to find a solution for it

But having actually witnessed his performance in practices and on field, and then having decided that playing him was of benefit to the team...

Pep clearly thinks that Kolarov is an asset to our team, ATM. And I totally agree.
With the amount of possession we have, when we are playing a lower side, then it's no big deal playing AK at centre back - Pep sees this fine as AK is left footed so makes it easy to play out from the back with two central defenders that are on their preferred side.

Has anybody noticed, the teams that have prevented us winning at home all seem to get beat the week after, saints are losing at hull, Everton tonked at Chelsea, bet boro get battered next time out. I think we are jinxed at the moment.

With the amount of possession we have, when we are playing a lower side, then it's no big deal playing AK at centre back - Pep sees this fine as AK is left footed so makes it easy to play out from the back with two central defenders that are on their preferred side.
Yup. +1

Mancini inherited three top class players and changed the mentality of the team. We kicked on big time and will always be grateful to him. Pellegrini was tasked with improving the players we already had. Won three trophies and reached C League semi - largely playing attacking football. Again, we'll always be grateful to Pellegrini. Watching City, I think Pep's plan is to strip the team right back to the bones and rebuild from scratch with new players - plus the handful of players already in the team (we all know who they are), that he knows can play his system. We might need to lower our expectations for a season while he rebuilds. Right now Liverpool are playing better as a team than us, as Klopp has got that team playing the way he wants. The same at Chelsea - now playing how Conte wants.

Has anybody noticed, the teams that have prevented us winning at home all seem to get beat the week after, saints are losing at hull, Everton tonked at Chelsea, bet boro get battered next time out. I think we are jinxed at the moment.
Forget the jinxed....what does that tell you ?

Naturally. Fans see things that they think are wrong and need to be improved. The Barca game had fewer improvement opportunities than yesterday's game I would suggest.

Look at it another way. Pep would have a longer list of "things we could/should be doing better" from the Boro game than the Barca game - don't you think?

Fair point.

An improvement in front of goal ends all this negativity though and we win the game 3-0, likewise Everton.

Performance wise are we in front or behind where you expected us to be at this stage of the season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.