City v Boro post match

Mancini inherited three top class players and changed the mentality of the team. We kicked on big time and will always be grateful to him. Pellegrini was tasked with improving the players we already had. Won three trophies and reached C League semi - largely playing attacking football. Again, we'll always be grateful to Pellegrini. Watching City, I think Pep's plan is to strip the team right back to the bones and rebuild from scratch with new players - plus the handful of players already in the team (we all know who they are), that he knows can play his system. We might need to lower our expectations for a season while he rebuilds. Right now Liverpool are playing better as a team than us, as Klopp has got that team playing the way he wants. The same at Chelsea - now playing how Conte wants.
I meant 'inherited four' top class players.

I know this isn't relevant to our game but just watching the dippers, Watford are so open it's unreal, could have been 5 down already - whereas when they come to us they will sit 10 behind the ball.

Not like dippers aren't a decent side so why does the Watford manager commit suicide by being open against them?
In fairness, Liverpool attacks quite faster than we do, and they are fitter than we are.

My worry mate is the likes of Silva, Sterling ,Gundogan simply haven't got it in front of goal, there's only Kev and Sergio that can really be relied on consistently .
Gundogan just scored 4 in 2 games.

With the amount of possession we have, when we are playing a lower side, then it's no big deal playing AK at centre back - Pep sees this fine as AK is left footed so makes it easy to play out from the back with two central defenders that are on their preferred side.

It's not an issue when we have the ball but it's certainly an issue when we don't. I think a CB playing CB would mean we are much better when dealing with crosses into the box.

He has, but he's not renowned for his goal scoring.
True, but perhaps we shouldn't put him in the same bucket as the others. Coz it might just be that his lack of goals previously was a function of the roles he played.

Just from watching how he attacks the box, he's shooting technique, and he's willingness to shoot, I am more inclined to think he'll only be behind Aguero, Kevin, and Kelechi in terms of getting us goals.

Performance wise are we in front or behind where you expected us to be at this stage of the season?

I think we're doing brilliantly and I'm loving every minute of it - good, bad, and indifferent. There has not been a better time to be a City fan for around 50 years.

But I'm a bit like our manager. I obsessively believe that everything can be improved, and (rags, wum's, agenda-ites and resident morons aside) there is a healthy debate to be had about how we can go about doing exactly that as we transition from good to great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.