City v Boro post match

Ah, awesome, the old "manager thinks he's good, so we all have to agree" argument. Love that one.
Oh yes. As opposed to a nobody on the internet with an opinion nobody gives a shit about and who clearly is much less qualified than fucking David Moyes. Let's all give him the benefit of the doubt over Pep, Pelligrini and Mancini

Pep quote as follows:

"But do you think it is a problem that we concede two chances a game and create 10? I have no regrets about that."

He recognises that we will potentially concede a goal but realises we cannot convert our chances at the same rate presumably.

I think we're doing brilliantly and I'm loving every minute of it - good, bad, and indifferent. There has not been a better time to be a City fan for around 50 years.

But I'm a bit like our manager. I obsessively believe that everything can be improved, and (rags, wum's, agenda-ites and resident morons aside) there is a healthy debate to be had about how we can go about doing exactly that as we transition from good to great.
Agreed..

If they are worried about missing when an opportunity to score presents itself then passing to another player should be their number one option rather than encouraging them to do something they seem mentally incapable of doing successfully.
We already have a disgustingly bad conversion rate so why add to it with probably a half hearted goal attempt by players who are merely practising the goal scoring act against their better judgement ?
I think the opposite. I have literally lost count of the number of times I have found myself yelling "shoot for fucks sake". Silva is the worst culprit. Amazing play who goes to absolute turd as soon as a goal scoring opportunity presents itself.

he wont chew on anything, he's too stubbon to change what he thinks will one day work. we'll be 5 th by then.
What an absolute load of steamimg arse.

What on earth do you think the best manager in the world - a man who works 6 or 7 days a week, who gets in at 7:00 am and leaves at 8:00 pm does? He's not sitting behind a desk and playing Minecraft is he.

Words fail me.

I think the opposite. I have literally lost count of the number of times I have found myself yelling "shoot for fucks sake". Silva is the worst culprit. Amazing play who goes to absolute turd as soon as a goal scoring opportunity presents itself.

You are probably right but it seems the indecision felt by the player cannot be resolved by the manager asking him to shoot because of his fear of missing.
My point was for him to live with his lack of confidence and tell him to pass which perhaps suits his personality better but I agree we all want him to shoot more often.

Edit,
On reflection, if he is not shooting now well he ought to be because he is in good company being unable to hit the target. Yesterdays stats showed that from 25 shots we got only 7 on target.

Last edited:
He is incapable of shutting up shop, very much like Keegan in the 2003/04 season. We could get he odd 4-1 or 6-2 but we got a lot of 1-1s after leading at home as we bottled chances to get the second and the defence was no good enough to keep clean sheets

We only keep clean sheets if we score four goals, in tight matches the defence bottles it and the keeper only ever makes one good save a game.

What an absolute load of steamimg arse.

What on earth do you think the best manager in the world - a man who works 6 or 7 days a week, who gets in at 7:00 am and leaves at 8:00 pm does? He's not sitting behind a desk and playing Minecraft is he.

Words fail me.
good job he does, he'd be shit if he did 9-5.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.