City v Boro post match

We were robbed - can't help feeling teams that come and perform, like Boro' did, are cheating football - imo.
Teams wouldn't play like they do against us at home if we regularly found ways to beat them. We had a few chances to kill the game and got punished for it.I don't think we were robbed,they deserved a point as did Southampton.

We were robbed - can't help feeling teams that come and perform, like Boro' did, are cheating football - imo.

Agree. It's an entertainment business and all teams have surely got a duty to at least try and play football instead of killing the game. Although to be fair they did change in the second half and if they'd have played like that from the start they may have got all 3 points so their ultra negative and destructive approach worked against them in the end

As someone mentioned - we need a couple of guys who can dribble which draws these type of belligerent blockers out of their formation -- I like the term Pep used to describe how this sort of mentality makes him, (and I hope all who love football), feel..."sad..."

Agree. It's an entertainment business and all teams have surely got a duty to at least try and play football instead of killing the game. Although to be fair they did change in the second half and if they'd have played like that from the start they may have got all 3 points so their ultra negative and destructive approach worked against them in the end

exactly. good post.

5 mis left and we had the win,we should have taken it and shut up shop,needless subs near the end undid us,it's fine to grind out 1-0's sometimes

One season when everyone was scoring shit loads of goals doesn't make him a regular goalscorer,with spain he seems to have the responsibility to score.I can't be doing with all the stick he has been getting for something he has never been great at,he creates chances a links everyone together,not so long ago we missed him like hell when he was out and couldn't wait for him to get back,he is adjusting like everyone else plus he is older,the others who are the scorers and aren't doing it come before him getting in the neck
If he was a full-back I could live with him not being a goal-scorer but he's what we used to call an inside-forward, who's regularly in and around the opposition box. And it's not like we haven't seen that he has the ability to score goals, including some very good ones. I simply don't think he's making the most of what I agree is a glorious talent (and I've already said he's not the only one).

If Pep can take him that last step towards true greatness in his autumn years then I'll be delighted. I suspect too many players sank back into a comfortable little zone under Pellegrini where they felt they didn't need to take responsibility.

Teams wouldn't play like they do against us at home if we regularly found ways to beat them. We had a few chances to kill the game and got punished for it.I don't think we were robbed,they deserved a point as did Southampton.
Take your point but didn't feel the same after Soton' result nor Everton - I don't feel either of these two came with the same game plan as Boro's. i.e. death to football!

Clichy does his job, we get the three points. It's really that simply.
Taking navas offf and leaving that side open was the first mistake,he was doing great job pinning the guy back who put in the cross,as you say clichy doesn't jump,he really hasn't been great for ages

He got a dozen for us a couple of seasons ago and he's got 3 for Spain in 4 starts this season. So that's not quite right is it?
I think the point is valid. Dave gets into goal scoring opportunities in most games and 9 times out of 10 he fucks it up. Brilliant player, but doesn't score enough, all things considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.