City v Boro post match

I think silva and kdb should not be on pitch together. Accommodating both is costing us .
No way. They do different jobs for the team. Silva works in the tighter areas (short precise passes) whereas KDB is more expansive - longer passes/long diagonal crosses with more licence to drift into the space down the flanks. KDB reminds me very much of Waddle in his Marseille days - the ability to slide the ball past the defender without hitting the gas and score and create.

No way. They do different jobs for the team. Silva works in the tighter areas (short precise passes) whereas KDB is more expansive - longer passes/long diagonal crosses with more licence to drift into the space down the flanks. KDB reminds me very much of Waddle in his Marseille days - the ability to slide the ball past the defender without hitting the gas and score and create.
+1

Moreover, Pep is savvy enough to play KDB, Gundogan and Silva all at once and get good games out of all of them.

On paper it looks all rosy but without the ball we struggle on the flank one of them is playing.
Both of them are top class in the middle but weak on the wings.

Where's the sense in resting players before the international break? Could have done with Ota and Sterling and expected Kompany to get some minutes. That's the strangest thing about yesterday. Must be part of Pep's masterplan.

You are correct we should have options, I was being a bit silly really, but I do question your thought that silva and KDB are being accommodated rather than selected on merit :-)
Selecting on merit is the problem but a good problem . Can't have too much sweets you know ;)

+1

Moreover, Pep is savvy enough to play KDB, Gundogan and Silva all at once and get good games out of all of them.
He is, and if its not working he'll stop doing it. But I do wonder if all three play it would be better going back three instead of sacrificing a wide player. Time will tell but confident we will find the right balance.

Where's the sense in resting players before the international break? Could have done with Ota and Sterling and expected Kompany to get some minutes. That's the strangest thing about yesterday. Must be part of Pep's masterplan.

Pissed me off Sterling and Otamendi were rested don't know why Pep said no injuries other than Delph and Sagna. Couldn't understand why Kompany was on the bench when we played a LB at CB (Although Kolarov did ok) he needs minutes, he'll play for Belgium for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.