City v Boro post match

that did make me laugh. he got twatted quite a few times
He'd sat there for 92 mins and said nothing then when he gets kicked out he offers the whole stand out flicking the v,s,
He was lucky he didn't end up on the pitch when he got shoved back down the steps,believe his Mrs Copt a few too,must of been in the forties not your usual hooligan's

I'll tell you what our deficiency is - mental weakness. There are too many players in our team that switch off or shrug their shoulders and give up when things get a bit tough. I've said this before and it showed again today. The worst culprits in my view are two of our finest ever players - Silva & Aguero - and I fear both will be in danger of going this summer if they don't toughen up. Neither are much less talented than players like Messi or Suarez but neither has that will to win that marks those two out. Players like Tevez, Keane, Vieira, even Andy Morrison, who took games and their teams by the scruff of the neck. Silva in particular is a complete powder-puff of a player - great when he's got time and space but fuck all use when he needs to dig a bit deeper.

When I look at the great sides in my lifetime, the 60's team and that of the late '70's, I see players like Book, Doyle, Pardoe, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Tueart, Hartford, Watson, Kidd, Royle, Donachie. There were enough players to carry the one or two, like Peter Barnes & Neil Young, who may have been a bit more mentally fragile. Today we maybe had 3 or 4 who had that mental toughness - the desire and will to win, the strength not to make mistakes and to take responsibility when things get a bit tough. I just don't see enough of those players in my team and that's Pep's biggest problem.
Good post.
An example of this at the end just before their goal when they played the ball from their right to the left where the cross eventually came in. Silva ( who admittedly has upped his work rate and tackling) reverted back to type by doing his party piece of thrusting his hip out whilst letting the player go past him instead of getting a tackle in.

Shit is happening game after game,i'm patiently waiting for the when we click moment i keep reading about

Game after game? It may have escaped your attention dear but we beat West Brom and fucking Barcelona in the previous two games scoring 7 and conceding 1.

I commend you for waiting so patiently. Flap, flap, flap.

I'll tell you what our deficiency is - mental weakness. There are too many players in our team that switch off or shrug their shoulders and give up when things get a bit tough. I've said this before and it showed again today. The worst culprits in my view are two of our finest ever players - Silva & Aguero - and I fear both will be in danger of going this summer if they don't toughen up. Neither are much less talented than players like Messi or Suarez but neither has that will to win that marks those two out. Players like Tevez, Keane, Vieira, even Andy Morrison, who took games and their teams by the scruff of the neck. Silva in particular is a complete powder-puff of a player - great when he's got time and space but fuck all use when he needs to dig a bit deeper.

When I look at the great sides in my lifetime, the 60's team and that of the late '70's, I see players like Book, Doyle, Pardoe, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Tueart, Hartford, Watson, Kidd, Royle, Donachie. There were enough players to carry the one or two, like Peter Barnes & Neil Young, who may have been a bit more mentally fragile. Today we maybe had 3 or 4 who had that mental toughness - the desire and will to win, the strength not to make mistakes and to take responsibility when things get a bit tough. I just don't see enough of those players in my team and that's Pep's biggest problem.
Not sure whether we had enough in the tank to push on and kill them off when we had them on the ropes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.