City v Bournemouth post match

Valuable three points on a day when we were not at our fluent best thanks to Bournemouth's rough house tactics , the irony that the pure footballing side end up with ten men and the yard dogs in red having committed serious foul play on several occasions walk off the park with eleven men , i now expect this to happen in every game including the Rags where it appears their team of giants will be allowed to kick us off the park unless the officials start protecting our players. Thought Bernardo ,Mendy and Jesus were the stand out players and Ederson looked a very competent goal keeper , vinny and Otto didnt have the best of games but three points when we are'nt at our best is a sign of title contenders

Decent performance.
Good to battle back after that stunner from Daniels. B Silva looks silky and pleased Jesus is up and running. Think Pep needs to pick a settled team / formation for the next few games so we can find some rhythm.
We've got to appeal the red card.

Decent performance.
Good to battle back after that stunner from Daniels. B Silva looks silky and pleased Jesus is up and running. Think Pep needs to pick a settled team / formation for the next few games so we can find some rhythm.
Can only appeal a straight red. Thats why we didnt Walkers red card

some good bits, some no so good, overall a decent performance.
So just like WBA and Stoke and Everton on Monday, niggly fouls, time wasting and being as physical as they could get away with.
The ref was useless, and we will now probably get a fine for failing to control our players due to the number of cards handed out. ( i think its above 5 cards for a team)
Might get away with a warning due to the refs performance, but I doubt it, so another 30-50k to the FA.

The foul in front of the City fans was one of the worst in 45 years of watching i wonder if Jesus would have remained on the field if he was the aggressor PEP has got to change in Mourinho mould and make sure as a team we are at least defended from a pack of animals and a referee now out of his depth plus now referees who make such horrendous blunders that after a match they are the top talking point

Decent performance.
It had peaks and troughs. 2nd half was really difficult to play as it was stop start. I really liked Jesus's goal. His acceleration made the pass and I would like to see him get a sustained run as a central striker in front of Silvas, KDB etc. Bound to score with that cleverness, pace and skill. Very brave player too. Kun, Sterling, Sane etc to rotate around him. Bournemouth has been an easy fixture before but for most clubs it will be a difficult place to get a result if they play with the same commitment.

It had peaks and troughs. 2nd half was really difficult to play as it was stop start. I really liked Jesus's goal. His acceleration made the pass and I would like to see him get a sustained run as a central striker in front of Silvas, KDB etc. Bound to score with that cleverness, pace and skill. Very brave player too. Kun, Sterling, Sane etc to rotate around him. Bournemouth has been an easy fixture before but for most clubs it will be a difficult place to get a result if they play with the same commitment.

Eddie Howe admitted in the post match interview his game plan in the second half was to make it bitty. He's under no obligation to make it easy for City to play flowing silky football, but he shouldn't be lauded for it

Got what we deserved ultimately. We showed some great class in possession and some grit when needed. Especially after conceeding to that goal, I don't think anything could have stopped the hit but again our organization in defence has to be looked at, seems haphazard and last ditch a lot of the time.

As for Mike Dean. Well, OK I will accept the red as according to the letter of the law, sterling did look like he pushed past the stewards towards the fans. A stupid rule, a lack of understanding from the referee and potentially he made the situation worse. Plus, you can argue as much that the fans went to sterling as much as the other way around.

But I look forward to seeing every player booked now who exits the field of at after scoring. That is exactly what our game has been calling out for.

Ref should have been bringing back the players and letting the police ensure safety, instead he was reaching for the red card and potentially inviting the situation again.

Certainly throughout the game he did enough to wind up the players on both sides. That challenge on Jesus was bad, high and both feet left the ground, I was gobsmacked when Dean indicated for a throw in. Ake should have walked too, Jesus was through on goal and Dean hid behind the too far out argument I suspect, despite the fact it was a clear goalscoring chance.

I do think he got the foul on otamendi right though, match of the day disagree but I think he gets the ball and some of the man. And ultimately the injury time was justified, Bournemouth paid the price for their snide time wasting tactics by conceding at the last moment without time to reply. Just desserts. I actually had Bournemouth down as a footballing side, that illusion is shattered now. Allardyce would have been proud of the eons begovic took for each goal kick. Maybe now they'll grow some balls and try to win a game or two.

Thought kev was great, his range of passing and ability coming deep was fantastic and a luxury we can afford with such attacking talent in front of him. The ease with which magic Dave set up Jesus for the first was both wonderful to watch, and frustrating - why can't we do that more often!

Someone's going to get a thumping off us and soon though. Hope it's the dippers.

my-get-out-of-jail-free-card-second-chance-at-life.png

First thing a plastic rag said too me was that, to which i replied bollox.
Battling all the way, pushing on looking for the win away from home, mixing it and not giving up is NOT 'getting out of jail'.
A very tough and well earned 3 points is what we got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.