City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Play a proper defence and a striker down there and we’ll be just fine

Ottamendi, (and I'm the only fan it seems of The Mangler!) and Aguero starting tonight would have made it more comfortable than it was. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be with no recognised CENTRE FORWARD but we've been saying over the last half dozen games in the FOCs section of CBL3 that you have to make sure that you have sufficient distance between you and the opposition so that the ref cannot influence the outcome!

ON The Mangler front, it was Eli who lost the ball and put us under pressure, but it was Stonesy who gave Taylor his jizz moment! Stonesy needs to get back the composure he had before his hammy. Saturday's dropped bollock might have cost us and tonight's moment of clumsiness could have done the same.

I was there on Saturday too, in the corner, f**king moaners corner in the first half, they cheered up at 4-1 though.

I found it a strange experience down there. Obviously the 1894 group are trying to get things going but they are surrounded by miserable old blokes who moan constantly at the ref, the keeper, the defence, the forwards, Sane, Sterling. Bet the young lads full of enthusiasm find it quite depressing.

Not posted on here for a while,

Hope I don't get 'blocked' from posting on a thread for opinions that don't suit the bluemooon gestapo.

Some of the players we've bought with their associated price tags need to be questioned.

I have seen nothing from Bernardo to suggest he's anywhere near the level required of a 50 million pound player. So one footed its unbelievable.

Can someone please tell Leroy to look up when he decides to dribble to within millimetre of the opponent? Some lessons in trapping the ball would also be good.

Lots of deadwood to go. Yaya is a legend but finished at this level. Gundogan - again might be a fashionable European player but I'm not sure he's going to be the 'pivot' midfielder Pep was hoping for.

Sterling as a false number 9 was a failure. Danilo; a 30 million pound defender? Think he'll be moved on soon. We all know Mangala hasn't got the footballing brain to be a 'total footballer' in Cruyff's style.

A win is a win but a 2-1 lead is nothing. They'll be up for it big style at their end. This tie has a long way to go. Much improved performance needed if we are to qualify. Let's hope we get to Wembley!
Why would you get blocked for talking sense.

Just back from the game. Zincenko (sp) superb, best player in 1st half. Mangala a bag of nerves and it effects Stones. Yaya, painful to watch a legend play like this, not his fault it's just age. Bernard, really needs a full season to get used to the speed of matches over here, then I think we'll see the best of him I hope. Sterling poor. 2nd half at least more urgency but credit to BCFC, they were superb. Going to be a tough 2nd leg. One thing of note, East Stand emptying fast on 80 minutes....why? We always score late, tonight it was building to a late winner....Just don't get it.

Got it done
This! I didn’t think we played THAT bad. And it usually takes the first half to get into our ‘rhythm’, that still needs polishing. We nearly got into too, but sadly one or two just won’t make the grade, which is slowing our finesse :0(

Not posted on here for a while,

I have seen nothing from Bernardo to suggest he's anywhere near the level required of a 50 million pound player. So one footed its unbelievable.

Can someone please tell Leroy to look up when he decides to dribble to within millimetre of the opponent? Some lessons in trapping the ball would also be good.
Bernardo didn't cost £50m, he also crossed for the winner. Sane is still young and will have off games, tonight he wasn't great but he has been very good this season.

Still, don't let me stop your miserable, moaning ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.