City v Cardiff Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Looked at the Cardiff forums they are optimistic of an away win

:) I hope our boys are well up for this

bobmcfc said:

Are they? Are they mad? A week ago just for fun I totted up our league home record (and did the same for the rags, chelsea, arse, spurs, everton and liverpool) from the start of the 2010 /11 season to new year 2013-14 and I had us as only losing 4 at home with a goal difference of +135. Sure, they might win, but optimism?

Anyone agree that IF we score the 100th goal, we shud sing a song (see 100th goal posts) and do a Poznan-en-block.
Obviously getting the 3 points is of far greater importance, but if should not gone unnoticed.

•Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer never won against City in four attempts as a player with Manchester United, although he did score once (D2, L2)

Just read this on the BBC website pre match preview.

Is this right?

I'm guessing it's due to us being out of the top flight when he was mainly there.

Sigh said:
bobmcfc said:

Are they? Are they mad? A week ago just for fun I totted up our league home record (and did the same for the rags, chelsea, arse, spurs, everton and liverpool) from the start of the 2010 /11 season to new year 2013-14 and I had us as only losing 4 at home with a goal difference of +135. Sure, they might win, but optimism?

Yes they are optimistic. The way they see it, we have to lose sooner or later and they are just the team to do the double over us. They are the mighty Cardiff City

There is always a chance one team in the PL can beat another, that's the way its always been, however the Etihad is the hardest place on earth to win a game, if they come tomorrow and beat us they will deserve it.
They WONT though, they are not good enough, not by a long way, they are not as good as Palace defensively and as an attacking force they are none existent.
No predictions on the score from me but City will win this game, talk is cheap and many talk the talk before they arrive at the Etihad, 99.9% of them head home shell shocked and tail firmly between their legs.

Bring em on, revenge is always a dish best served cold..!!

Blue Til Death said:
There is always a chance one team in the PL can beat another, that's the way its always been, however the Etihad is the hardest place on earth to win a game, if they come tomorrow and beat us they will deserve it.
They WONT though, they are not good enough, not by a long way, they are not as good as Palace defensively and as an attacking force they are none existent.
No predictions on the score from me but City will win this game, talk is cheap and many talk the talk before they arrive at the Etihad, 99.9% of them head home shell shocked and tail firmly between their legs.

Bring em on, revenge is always a dish best served cold..!!

Spot on every forum says the same before the game

its a Barm said:
No rag predictions like here, just 3 points and a good win and i am happy little bunny.

Home win, no injuries, no sendings off and I'll be an even happier bunny.
Expecting Cardiff to try to close us down and sneak a winner from set plays.
Another attrition match but second half v Blackburn showed that if we play with the right tempo and width we can get round parked buses!!
CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.