City v Chelsea Post Match Discussion

If Aguero could be more clinical I think we'd be better off with one up front. I just don't think there are enough goals over a season for us like that though which is why we'll invest in a top striker and play Aguero off him. But the extra midfielder seemed to work really well and we created plenty of chances.

ban-mcfc said:
It was a penalty. Not a red as toure was covering but hart should have been booked.

Motd are clueless though, rodwells been injured not unfavourable, he went off because he was booked and just coming back from injury.

They also said we were lucky because they fucked up their only two chances???

They were lucky it wasnt 4.

The lack of basic knowledge that Rodwell has been injured and thus unavailable for selection for most of his time at the club is dissapointing if very predictable from MOTD.

Ruddles81 said:
ban-mcfc said:
It was a penalty. Not a red as toure was covering but hart should have been booked.

Motd are clueless though, rodwells been injured not unfavourable, he went off because he was booked and just coming back from injury.

They also said we were lucky because they fucked up their only two chances???

They were lucky it wasnt 4.

The lack of basic knowledge that Rodwell has been injured and thus unavailable for selection for most of his time at the club is dissapointing if very predictable from MOTD.

its also understandable because they`re all as thick as pig shit

I missed MOTD but I have been reflecting on the game and the following thoughts come to mind:

1) Chelsea looked tired, and their over-defensive set up helped us
2) We are still missing chances, and instead of snaffling the simpler chances we had to rely on two wonder strikes. Why do we make it difficult?
3) I liked the one forward with midfield support. I think we'll see that again.
4) Very impressive individual performances
5) Excellent distribution from Hart. Some pin point kicks. Compared favourably to Cech
6) Above all else - commitment and attitude top class

Marvin said:
I missed MOTD but I have been reflecting on the game and the following thoughts come to mind:

2) We are still missing chances, and instead of snaffling the simpler chances we had to rely on two wonder strikes. Why do we make it difficult?
5) Excellent distribution from Hart. Some pin point kicks. Compared favourably to Cech

You forgot to say how nice Garcia's hair looked.

Have to admit I was worried when Kolo was starting, but he had a blinder, read that 2v1 perfectly.

Rodwell looked good, Garcia looked decent. Aguero could've had a hat full.

One of the best performances this season, if not the best.

Great performance... but I can't help wondering how much of our superiority was due to Chelsea's midweek game. They looked like they were running in treacle.

Marvin said:

I thought Chelsea played very well first half, they played on the break, but we were better, and we defended well too.

We didn't create too many clear chances, but they defended quite well for me.

Cech was obviously not wanting to kick, and a number of times he (or poor passing after he'd cleared) put them back under pressure, I suspect he had a leg injury of some sort.

Until the last 10 minutes our formation was excellent, and the fluidity of our midfield was excellent, it seemed like they all had free reign.

Outstanding were Rodwell, Milner, Yaya, Kolo, and Nastasic (in that order), the rest were good.

Best performance of the season for me, and 3 or 4-0 would not have flattered us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.