City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Can`t complain and yes on the day the better team won.Once again where a decent outfit comes to town and plays five in midfield we tend to be out-muscled and were second to most balls.
Hazard was simply class and what close ball skills he has,certainly one of the best in Europe and superb little player.Toure and Silva were kept relatively quiet and I honestly though Demi was our best midfielder over the full 90 minutes.
Now then Blues,another 20 unbeaten run of games should stand us in good stead.
Well played Jose (****) you out did us tonight.

Sunny Coast Blue said:
What do we think of Nastasic performance of late, I would of preferred the aerial ability of MD to attack the ball rather than a player who keeps flattering to deceive.
JM in the middle and yaya advanced would of won this game.

Been shite this season. Way too weak for me.

While we wasn't really on the top of our game tonight, I thought chelsea were superb. They got everything spot on

Not a disaster at all.

Just a minor blip

Proelia said:
People think milners a great cm now? Theres a reason RM,MP and woy dont play him there

Milner can run - MDM can't - Milner would have done a job today - Pellegrini was over-confident thinking we could continue with the same strategy without fernandinho. For a manager of his experience he was way off the mark today same as the Bayern at home game - his stubbornness and insistance on stickingto his philosophy no matter what is his weakness.... Its was fodder for Mourinho today we played right into his hands ....

Classic case of City playing the occasion and not the game.

We started off on fire, missed some good chances and were rocked on our heels when Ivanovic scored and from that point on our game went to pieces

I thought we had the game's outstanding player in Navas, and Yaya played well, but not many other City players played well.

I don't know why our game went to pieces. I guess they couldn't handle the pressure. It was so easy to get the ball out wide to Navas and he was putting in a stream of quality balls. We should have just kept on and on at that.

Of course we missed our best players, but having started the game so well, why couldn't we maintain it

Chelsea deserved to win, but I didn't think they were that great. We just crumbled

Jose and Chelsea executed their game plan to perfection. No complaints at all about the result and they could have won by more. Luiz surprisingly had a very good game and Ramires was exceptional.

Oh well, first defeat at home; draw a line under it and move on.

blue ranger said:
Chelsea were quality tonight I thought but Pellegrini really cocked up with his team selections.

It was obvious Mourinho was going to pack the midfield and we really were over-run in there. Can't understand why Milner didn't start in the middle as he would have given us energy.

We knew we'd have to defend tonight - I'd take Lescott over Nastasic who has been awful this season every day of the week and although Kolarov had a good season we needed the pace of Clichy at the back.

Overall disappointed with team selection and tactics - but on the positive side hart was decent and jovetic did really well.

Let's go on another run now.

This happened only twice. Counting this and bayern munich. Whats worse, is losing to that cocky shit mourinho.

Struggling to work out why we didn't make more changes as the game wore on. Milner in midfield was an obvious change in my opinion but I do believe MP knows best. Can't get them all right. Does he try to hard to out think Mourinho?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.