City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

paulchapo said:
On a footnote there was a guy[on his own i think] behind me in the south stand on row 120.I have never in all my time supporting City[46 years this year] heard such a negative moron with ansolutely no football knowledge whatsoever!

He spent the whole match bellowing [he had a foghorn voice] at every City player at how crap they were,screamed at every missed tackle and misplaced pass and shot,saving his worst bile for DM.Then with the match in the balance he fucked off with ten minutes to go!This was greeted with mass joy all round by everyone within earshot.

Fella if you are on here and reading this i have no idea how long you have supported City but trust me if you think we were shit tonight you would have had a heart attack and stroke combined at the turgid shit we used to watch!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your negativity and abuse to our own players we do not need,even when we were shit i have never heard such abuse.Do us all a favour and watch the game at home,but if you have to go please stand/sit anywhere as far away from row 120 in the south stand as possible because the next time we have to listen to that crap it may not be just a few stares and shakes of the head you get.

The joys of being at the ground and watching the game live!!

mancity111 said:
Injuries are the difference.

Far too many in too many crucial positions at present.
yes tonight was a bridge too far. Any team without Kun, Nasri, Fernandinho would feel the impact.
To me it showed that Fernan is almost irreplaceable, and now we are without him for up to a month. In addition no Garcia or Milner.
Also it seems Alvaro played when not 100% fit.
We live to fight another day.
Learn from this and move on.

Losing sucks, losing at home to Chelsea is pure shit. That being said, I thought Chelsea were the better and City were just off. Chelsea got away with a bunch of stuff so I guess Jose got his point across re City benefitting from officiating.

I knew Fernandino was a good player but just did not realize how much we depended on him until he couldn't play tonight. A prolonged abscence will certainly nix some of our hopes for this season.

oppa gangnam style said:
MSP said:
oppa gangnam style said:
they brought in Matic for 20m, but sold De Bruyne for 15m, Mata for 37m. Why you think that wasnt because of FFP? They could have keep them on the bench...

Actually they did fantastic business and sold them both for a profit, players Mourinho didnt even really need while bought one to upgrade on old Essien, Lampard.

It also helps them in FFP.

Yep, they did brilliant business in January.

We would never got 15m for De Bryne.

Yeah. They do some good selling. We are lucky if someone will pay 2m for Sinclair. Or 6-7 for Rodwell. Btw if we dont give new contracts to Kolarov/Dzeko can see them going in the summer for laughable fees...
Like a 15-20m combined fee. When they cost us about 45m.
Speculate to accumulate - if you don't spend you don't accrue! We're not speculating like so many others are .
We may be expansive on the pitch , but we seem to be rather timid off it.
I don't like it either , but Chelsea have , what is it , about 25/30 players of various levels of ability on loan at the moment , many of which will turn a decent profit when sold? Where is our speculation /gambling . Again , I don't like it but successful businesses need a bit of risk taking - I don't see it with us.

One thing I did notice is the atmosphere was flat, when the team really needed us, we let them down.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
paulchapo said:
On a footnote there was a guy[on his own i think] behind me in the south stand on row 120.I have never in all my time supporting City[46 years this year] heard such a negative moron with ansolutely no football knowledge whatsoever!

He spent the whole match bellowing [he had a foghorn voice] at every City player at how crap they were,screamed at every missed tackle and misplaced pass and shot,saving his worst bile for DM.Then with the match in the balance he fucked off with ten minutes to go!This was greeted with mass joy all round by everyone within earshot.

Fella if you are on here and reading this i have no idea how long you have supported City but trust me if you think we were shit tonight you would have had a heart attack and stroke combined at the turgid shit we used to watch!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your negativity and abuse to our own players we do not need,even when we were shit i have never heard such abuse.Do us all a favour and watch the game at home,but if you have to go please stand/sit anywhere as far away from row 120 in the south stand as possible because the next time we have to listen to that crap it may not be just a few stares and shakes of the head you get.

The joys of being at the ground and watching the game live!!

Ha ha! Joy wasn't a word i would use for this numpty. It wasn't just me, to a man and woman everyone had had enough of him. He got a fair few looks, comments and head shakes but i cannot stand through another 80 minutes[as he does one at 80 minutes]of similar again without having a row with him,hopefully he sits/stands somewhere else next time!

oppa gangnam style said:
MSP said:
oppa gangnam style said:
they brought in Matic for 20m, but sold De Bruyne for 15m, Mata for 37m. Why you think that wasnt because of FFP? They could have keep them on the bench...

Actually they did fantastic business and sold them both for a profit, players Mourinho didnt even really need while bought one to upgrade on old Essien, Lampard.

It also helps them in FFP.

Yep, they did brilliant business in January.

We would never got 15m for De Bryne.

Yeah. They do some good selling. We are lucky if someone will pay 2m for Sinclair. Or 6-7 for Rodwell. Btw if we dont give new contracts to Kolarov/Dzeko can see them going in the summer for laughable fees...
Like a 15-20m combined fee. When they cost us about 45m.

Wages are the problem usually. In some cases players are just not good (Sinclair), too injury prone (Rodwell), half aged and on huge wages + in last year of contract (Dzeko), surely on big wages for his overall quality (Kolarov).

Kippaxgirl said:
Losing sucks, losing at home to Chelsea is pure shit. That being said, I thought Chelsea were the better and City were just off. Chelsea got away with a bunch of stuff so I guess Jose got his point across re City benefitting from officiating.

I knew Fernandino was a good player but just did not realize how much we depended on him until he couldn't play tonight. A prolonged abscence will certainly nix some of our hopes for this season.

Cech did his bit to deny us a couple of times too... we weren't great, we wasted our chances, and sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

still a very long way to go, and everything to play for.

Any team missing half their spine will be affected. Chelsea were the better side. Out coached and outfought.

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

NQCitizen said:
We bottled the biggest game of our season realistically, imo it's a bit of a cop out just to write it off as the sheer weight of probability.

There's probably a bigger issue in there.

Yeh it's called the injury list because of the high tempo we play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.