City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

mancity111 said:
Injuries are the difference.

Far too many in too many crucial positions at present.
This is what I've been saying since the game. Three of our starting 11 were missing today, Nasri Fernandinho and Aguero any team would miss quality like that and boy did we miss it. Our squad is vastly over rated by the media, I think it's only city fans that actually realise it's not as strong as most think it is. Imagine Chelsea playing our full team with injuries to Hazard and 2 other main first teamers, it wouldn't even be a contest. Unfortunately that's how we had to play against them today and to their credit they played brilliant.

Armaan said:
mancity111 said:

This is what I've been saying since the game. Three of our starting 11 were missing today, Nasri Fernandinho and Aguero any team would miss quality like that and boy did we miss it. Our squad is vastly over rated by the media, I think it's only city fans that actually realise it's not as strong as most think it is. Imagine Chelsea playing our full team with injuries to Hazard and 2 other main first teamers, it wouldn't even be a contest. Unfortunately that's how we had to play against them today and to their credit they played brilliant.

I think this sums up the game...............City ended the game as they had started it, on top, but Cech again saved well from Jovetic and then Nastasic missed kicked in what was the final act of a compelling battle.
Fernandinho out for 4 weeks according to Pellers.

oppa gangnam style said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Best player on the pitch tonight - Hazard - would have been a City player but for our boss deciding we wouldn't pay his agent's fee. What a difference that would have made.
Without Ferny tonight - overrun in midfield- no suitable replacement (somebody said earlier that MdM will get the blame for not being Ferny - absolutely right ,so don't expect him to be ferny! He's not and never will be, did we have an effective replacement - no!
Transfer window went by and we once again baulked at paying a few extra million for the kind of players who will prevent the kind of spectacle we saw tonight.
Those who think FFP has been a breeze for us should think again - this has clearly had an effect on our ability to reinforce the squad .
Chelsea brought in players ( Matic most noticeably ) who have made a difference without seemingly worrying about any sort of consequences .
If the owners have some sort of long term strategy in mind which will see us totally free of worry about FFP then fair enough , but it seems that Chelsea , PSG , Monaco , even arse, etc are strengthening constantly while we are not and that means we will face many nights like this again.

they brought in Matic for 20m, but sold De Bruyne for 15m, Mata for 37m. Why you think that wasnt because of FFP? They could have keep them on the bench...

Actually they did fantastic business and sold them both for a profit, players Mourinho didnt even really need while bought one to upgrade on old Essien, Lampard.

It also helps them in FFP.

Yep, they did brilliant business in January.

We would never got 15m for De Bryne.

No need to panic still the best team in the lge and it will be proved at the end ov season when we have 3 trophys to chelseas none!

Armaan said:
mancity111 said:

I am not sure Chelsea were brilliant , we fluffed our lines a bit and missed players that instill confidence in others.

Negredo wasn't near 100 per cent right.

Lescott wasn't even on the bench and Milner is not yet match fit either.

We are a case of the walking wounded at present.

Not sure how we can replace Ferny over the next four weeks either.

mancity111 said:
Armaan said:
mancity111 said:

I am not sure Chelsea were brilliant , we fluffed our lines a bit and missed players that instill confidence in others.

We can't replace him, it's a big problem that should've been addressed in january.

mancity111 said:
Armaan said:
mancity111 said:

Garcia's return should help a lot, looked comfortable in a 2 lately.

MSP said:
oppa gangnam style said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Best player on the pitch tonight - Hazard - would have been a City player but for our boss deciding we wouldn't pay his agent's fee. What a difference that would have made.
Without Ferny tonight - overrun in midfield- no suitable replacement (somebody said earlier that MdM will get the blame for not being Ferny - absolutely right ,so don't expect him to be ferny! He's not and never will be, did we have an effective replacement - no!
Transfer window went by and we once again baulked at paying a few extra million for the kind of players who will prevent the kind of spectacle we saw tonight.
Those who think FFP has been a breeze for us should think again - this has clearly had an effect on our ability to reinforce the squad .
Chelsea brought in players ( Matic most noticeably ) who have made a difference without seemingly worrying about any sort of consequences .
If the owners have some sort of long term strategy in mind which will see us totally free of worry about FFP then fair enough , but it seems that Chelsea , PSG , Monaco , even arse, etc are strengthening constantly while we are not and that means we will face many nights like this again.

they brought in Matic for 20m, but sold De Bruyne for 15m, Mata for 37m. Why you think that wasnt because of FFP? They could have keep them on the bench...

Actually they did fantastic business and sold them both for a profit, players Mourinho didnt even really need while bought one to upgrade on old Essien, Lampard.

It also helps them in FFP.

Yep, they did brilliant business in January.

We would never got 15m for De Bryne.

Yeah. They do some good selling. We are lucky if someone will pay 2m for Sinclair. Or 6-7 for Rodwell. Btw if we dont give new contracts to Kolarov/Dzeko can see them going in the summer for laughable fees...
Like a 15-20m combined fee. When they cost us about 45m.

uwe rosler 28 said:
No need to panic still the best team in the lge and it will be proved at the end ov season when we have 3 trophys to chelseas none!
Wish I had your optimism..........we have too many injuries and no one to fill in for missing players.
No Aguero , Nasri , and no Fernandinho. Nasti doesn't give me confidence. Neither do MDM or Dzeko. and Neggers was carrying his injured shoulder tonight. Barcelona to come - 2 games. Games at Arse , Pool Rags and Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.