City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

On a footnote there was a guy[on his own i think] behind me in the south stand on row 120.I have never in all my time supporting City[46 years this year] heard such a negative moron with ansolutely no football knowledge whatsoever!

He spent the whole match bellowing [he had a foghorn voice] at every City player at how crap they were,screamed at every missed tackle and misplaced pass and shot,saving his worst bile for DM.Then with the match in the balance he fucked off with ten minutes to go!This was greeted with mass joy all round by everyone within earshot.

Fella if you are on here and reading this i have no idea how long you have supported City but trust me if you think we were shit tonight you would have had a heart attack and stroke combined at the turgid shit we used to watch!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your negativity and abuse to our own players we do not need,even when we were shit i have never heard such abuse.Do us all a favour and watch the game at home,but if you have to go please stand/sit anywhere as far away from row 120 in the south stand as possible because the next time we have to listen to that crap it may not be just a few stares and shakes of the head you get.

bitterblue said:
One injury too many. Against the top teams you need your best team out, just bad timing. Hearing Fern is out for 3/4 weeks. That's a big blow.

People are also saying although on the bench; Milner, Rodwell and Clichy not 100% which makes our squad look a bit thin at the moment, especially in centre midfield ... Just hope Yaya doesn't break down, there is going to be a lot of responsibility on his shoulders....

TrueBlue1705 said:
bitterblue said:
One injury too many. Against the top teams you need your best team out, just bad timing. Hearing Fern is out for 3/4 weeks. That's a big blow.

People are also saying although on the bench; Milner, Rodwell and Clichy not 100% which makes our squad look a bit thin at the moment, especially in centre midfield ... Just hope Yaya doesn't break down, there is going to be a lot of responsibility on his shoulders....

A few players carrying injuries and some key ones out means against the top teams you can get found out a bit which is what happened tonight.Pellegrini said similar in his post match interview,just saw it on MOTD i recorded.

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

The_Mo said:
Marvin said:
Telford_Blue_Hixxy said:
Well deserved Chelsea, hopefully we'll exact revenge on the 15th!
Yes, but they really didn't play that well. They just sat deep and watched us fall apart in front of them
Chelsea were amazing. Don't be like the supporters from utd and give credit where it os due. They managed to nullify a team which has been scoring for fun against every team at home. And those of you who are saying it was a blip, you would be right if we lost to a mid-table or relegation fodder team, but we didn't.

Hopefully next time we play them we will play to our potential and show them how its done. As for the result, we are level with Chelsea on points and only two behind Arsenal. Not exactly the end of the world. Chin up.

Yeah I was impressed with them too. The work rate from Matic and Luiz was outstanding as was the effort and movement from Hazard and Willian. Jose completely outthought Manuel tonight but that Chelsea performance could beat all teams bar one or two.

The one comforting thing is only last week Chelsea they proved they can blow points on poor finishing.

Best player on the pitch tonight - Hazard - would have been a City player but for our boss deciding we wouldn't pay his agent's fee. What a difference that would have made.
Without Ferny tonight - overrun in midfield- no suitable replacement (somebody said earlier that MdM will get the blame for not being Ferny - absolutely right ,so don't expect him to be ferny! He's not and never will be, did we have an effective replacement - no!
Transfer window went by and we once again baulked at paying a few extra million for the kind of players who will prevent the kind of spectacle we saw tonight.
Those who think FFP has been a breeze for us should think again - this has clearly had an effect on our ability to reinforce the squad .
Chelsea brought in players ( Matic most noticeably ) who have made a difference without seemingly worrying about any sort of consequences .
If the owners have some sort of long term strategy in mind which will see us totally free of worry about FFP then fair enough , but it seems that Chelsea , PSG , Monaco , even arse, etc are strengthening constantly while we are not and that means we will face many nights like this again.

NQCitizen said:
The_Mo said:
Marvin said:
Yes, but they really didn't play that well. They just sat deep and watched us fall apart in front of them
Chelsea were amazing. Don't be like the supporters from utd and give credit where it os due. They managed to nullify a team which has been scoring for fun against every team at home. And those of you who are saying it was a blip, you would be right if we lost to a mid-table or relegation fodder team, but we didn't.

Hopefully next time we play them we will play to our potential and show them how its done. As for the result, we are level with Chelsea on points and only two behind Arsenal. Not exactly the end of the world. Chin up.

Yeah I was impressed with them too. The work rate from Matic and Luiz was outstanding as was the effort and movement from Hazard and Willian. Jose completely outthought Manuel tonight but that Chelsea performance could beat all teams bar one or two.

The one comforting thing is only last week Chelsea they proved they can blow points on poor finishing.
Absolute rubbish. The game turned on their goal. We fell apart after that

Even playing as badly as I have seen City for many months, we still created chances

I was very disappointed with City's performance tonight. I did not put any of that down to how well CFC defended.

Maureen's tactics spot on. Shame we missed so many chances, could have been a different scoreline. Can't win them all and players were seriously missed tonight . Time for next game!

I thought the back four were decent, Demi did a job in midfield along with Yaya.

But our front two of Dzeko & Negredo were awful, in games like this and Bayern we need only one striker and surely Jovetic is the perfect fit to have in behind the ST and in front of the 2 midfielders. We can't forget that missing Nasri, Aguero and the loss of Fernandinho pre game was huge.
We cannot underestimate the importance of him in our team as he is absolutely core - missing the signing of Fernando Reges could be a problem..

One thing I can say especially about the 1-0 result on reflection is that our back four and two CMs weren't that bad - Pellegrini builds our team on scoring goals and that's were we had our problems....

Another note. whenever teams are on the counterattack we are so vulnerable its not funny, the save Hart made we were on thin ice, game could've ended even worse for us. Missing Aguero & Fernandinho really shot down our confidence in myself and visibly the players, god forbid what would happen if Kompany wasn't there.....

Bodicoteblue said:
Best player on the pitch tonight - Hazard - would have been a City player but for our boss deciding we wouldn't pay his agent's fee. What a difference that would have made.
Without Ferny tonight - overrun in midfield- no suitable replacement (somebody said earlier that MdM will get the blame for not being Ferny - absolutely right ,so don't expect him to be ferny! He's not and never will be, did we have an effective replacement - no!
Transfer window went by and we once again baulked at paying a few extra million for the kind of players who will prevent the kind of spectacle we saw tonight.
Those who think FFP has been a breeze for us should think again - this has clearly had an effect on our ability to reinforce the squad .
Chelsea brought in players ( Matic most noticeably ) who have made a difference without seemingly worrying about any sort of consequences .
If the owners have some sort of long term strategy in mind which will see us totally free of worry about FFP then fair enough , but it seems that Chelsea , PSG , Monaco , even arse, etc are strengthening constantly while we are not and that means we will face many nights like this again.

they brought in Matic for 20m, but sold De Bruyne for 15m, Mata for 37m. Why you think that wasnt because of FFP? They could have keep them on the bench...

Actually they did fantastic business and sold them both for a profit, players Mourinho didnt even really need while bought one to upgrade on old Essien, Lampard.

It also helps them in FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.