City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Lot's over overly-giddy United fans about as of full time whistle. All expecting a reaction, but not the 'it's ok i've ripped you apart all season. If your piss taking is because we lost one game to a title rival then it's a fair cop'. Nothing after that, just silence, probably a few frowns from behind the computer screen.

Very bullish myself today. Think a team needs a kick up the arse every now and then, and last night will be ours. Not saying we have become complacent or cocky, but if we have shown we are beatable then things will be done to ensure that doesn't become a habit. I fully expect us to get 15 points from the next 5 games, only one of which is away. Infact it's likely we will be top come Saturday night.

eversince 76 said:
You can't replace Aguero with the same class. Nasri has been in very good form and therefore hard to replace. Fernandinho is the one who makes the midfield going and protecting the defence. He has transformed himself to a player that is also very close to non-replaceble. The three out together would be to much for every team. Losing Fernandinho was vital and it seemed to show on the other players.

Should Pellegrini have changed tactics? Well, he very rarely does. He wants to perfect the style his team plays to the moment within this system they can challenge anybody or any style. It's what Barcelona have been doing over the past 6 years. As it was last night we were tactically outmanoeuvred by Mourinho. In my opinion the absence of Aguero, Fernandinho and Nasri was more important than Pellegrini not switching to another system.
I can understand Pellegrini starting Demichelis as a DM. It's his experience that is rated. Milner nor Rodwell have the tactical nouse to play in that position against Chelsea. They can outran anybody, but I'm sure with one of these two instead of Demichelis in that position would not have made trhings better. It would only allow Demichelis to play next to Kompany in defence, as this season it's clear Nastasic has a big problem with the style we play. He needs to adept and learn, but it's one of the reasons Pellegrini is interested in Mangala.

Demichelis did make some mistakes, but so did at least 9 other players. I don't think last night was about blaming anyone. What I thought was dissapointed is the fact we were not only outplayed tactically, we also were outplayed man to man and in the end Chelsea completely deserved their victory, hitting the woodwork 3 times and keeping a blanc sheet. An impressive achievement, so credit to them. Pity side of it is the "old top 4' big mouthing will be around for the next few days. I just need to skip the sportpages than.

We were never unbeatable, not even at the Etihad. The hype surrounding our team and club got a bit out of hand lately, so I like to think it's probably a "good" thing we had a downer. You need to have these to come out stronger. We will have to deal with the fact we are without so many players, but I like to believe the players will have learned a lot from last night. We move on.

Never good to lose but I get your drift.

Problem is we need our best players fit and firing at the business end of the season and it started last night.

Too many injuries to key players can finish off any side especially when they are 4-6 week injuries as opposed to one or two games.

Negredo clearly is well below his normal self and MP was forced into playing him given his desire for 4-4-2 and the fact its not a muscle injury he is carrying.

It shouldn't get any worse but last night wouldn't have helped his cause.

Pigeonho said:
Lot's over overly-giddy United fans about as of full time whistle. All expecting a reaction, but not the 'it's ok i've ripped you apart all season. If your piss taking is because we lost one game to a title rival then it's a fair cop'. Nothing after that, just silence, probably a few frowns from behind the computer screen.

Very bullish myself today. Think a team needs a kick up the arse every now and then, and last night will be ours. Not saying we have become complacent or cocky, but if we have shown we are beatable then things will be done to ensure that doesn't become a habit. I fully expect us to get 15 points from the next 5 games, only one of which is away. Infact it's likely we will be top come Saturday night.

Thats my take too Pidge - hopefully give us a bit of a kick up the backside. Can't help the team either all this "best team in the world right now" - that's some statement to try and live up to.

Good run of games coming up now, time to capitalise.

Oh and hurry back Fernandinho! A big, big loss last night

Was impressed by Chelsea yesterday. A much better version of Stoke. Sluggish, physical and some moments of brilliance. Their back four was absolutely amazing, especially Ivanovic.

They deserved to win and the title race is still wide open, so I'm not too gutted. What is extremely worrying is the injury on Dinho. Don't think we would've lost with him playing.

Hard to admit for some of you, but I think we really needed Javi Garcia today. The way we bombed forward left a lot of gaps between the midfield and defense, allowing William and Hazard to exploit. We need two players to do the work of Fernandinho because Demichelis himself simply cannot cope even though he had a decent game. How people think Milner should have played in place of Demichelis is beyond me. We needed someone good defensively and having tactical awareness to play in the midfield role. It's easy to point a finger when something doesn't go your way and say we should have done this, should have done that. It doesn't mean someone who has played CM in the past can be a good replacement for our best all action midfielder.

There weren't many options for us today considering the circumstances. Assuming we started Jovetic who will provide more support in midfield, which striker would you guys have started? One's having a shit day while the other is simply not fit.

I never felt so vulnerable looking at our bench. 1 academy player, 1 crock, 1 unfit, 1 inept. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but none of these 5 could have made a difference yesterday.

Just some food for thought, would Clichy have been useful in a midfield role? He can cover decent ground quickly and is able to get out of tricky situations.

Although a loss is a loss but I don't feel hard done like the Cardiff and Aston Villa matches. The boys will recover from this setback and come out stronger. Come on City!

On the way to the ground near Mary Ds I heard a fan saying he bet on Chelsea to win last night and would therefore be 'happy with all three results'. Even his mate walking with him couldn't believe it.

Enjoy your money Sir

city 'til i cry said:
On the way to the ground near Mary Ds I heard a fan saying he bet on Chelsea to win last night and would therefore be 'happy with all three results'. Even his mate walking with him couldn't believe it.

Enjoy your money Sir
I know a lad at work who used to bet on the away team every game. 'A win win situation', so he called it.
Not for me, that.

Hard to take any loss but it happens but thankfully its not critical points wise so lets move on to the next game and start another run.

eversince 76 said:
You can't replace Aguero with the same class. Nasri has been in very good form and therefore hard to replace. Fernandinho is the one who makes the midfield going and protecting the defence. He has transformed himself to a player that is also very close to non-replaceble. The three out together would be to much for every team. Losing Fernandinho was vital and it seemed to show on the other players.

Should Pellegrini have changed tactics? Well, he very rarely does. He wants to perfect the style his team plays to the moment within this system they can challenge anybody or any style. It's what Barcelona have been doing over the past 6 years. As it was last night we were tactically outmanoeuvred by Mourinho. In my opinion the absence of Aguero, Fernandinho and Nasri was more important than Pellegrini not switching to another system.
I can understand Pellegrini starting Demichelis as a DM. It's his experience that is rated. Milner nor Rodwell have the tactical nouse to play in that position against Chelsea. They can outran anybody, but I'm sure with one of these two instead of Demichelis in that position would not have made trhings better. It would only allow Demichelis to play next to Kompany in defence, as this season it's clear Nastasic has a big problem with the style we play. He needs to adept and learn, but it's one of the reasons Pellegrini is interested in Mangala.

Demichelis did make some mistakes, but so did at least 9 other players. I don't think last night was about blaming anyone. What I thought was dissapointed is the fact we were not only outplayed tactically, we also were outplayed man to man and in the end Chelsea completely deserved their victory, hitting the woodwork 3 times and keeping a blanc sheet. An impressive achievement, so credit to them. Pity side of it is the "old top 4' big mouthing will be around for the next few days. I just need to skip the sportpages than.

We were never unbeatable, not even at the Etihad. The hype surrounding our team and club got a bit out of hand lately, so I like to think it's probably a "good" thing we had a downer. You need to have these to come out stronger. We will have to deal with the fact we are without so many players, but I like to believe the players will have learned a lot from last night. We move on.
Yep, with a full squad to select from, Pellegrini could have continued to perfect his style and we would have had a much greater chance of emerging winners. However, he didn't have the full squad to select from and was missing three key players. That being the case he should have cut his coat according to his cloth and to play an unbalanced 4-4-2 against one of the best teams in Europe is a mistake he has made before and one that I hope, though I doubt, he will have learnt from.

hazard was pretty much unplayable, best oppo ive seen in a while

ball didn't stick with our front two all night, and chelsea's extra man in midfield won it for them

in the top games you have to a least match up in the middle and last night we were effectively 2 light with mdm in there and it had its inevitable conclusion

second ball always seemed to be chelsea's

positive, jovetic looks something like,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.