City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

BurningHart said:
I never felt so vulnerable looking at our bench. 1 academy player, 1 crock, 1 unfit, 1 inept. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but none of these 5 could have made a difference yesterday.
Got to agree apart from Jovetic who was superb when he came on, Clichy and the obligatory goalkeeper the bench was a huge worry.

Why are we getting so many injuries that are leaving us so short, the squad is looking pretty thin at present. Could we not have got one or two loan players in the January transfer window?

Well beaten by an excellent team. Hazard was brilliant. They looked faster and stronger.

Agreed with my son on the way out of the game that Demichelis had been our best player. Looks like we were wrong, however, as ever since he's been getting pelters right left and centre.

Wish Pellers had admitted they deserved to win by the way - he's better than that.

Well done Chelsea,did a job on us and deserved the win tbh..lets remember one thing blues..It was our poor away form earlier in the season that could cost us the title,not a hard fought 1-0 home loss th Chelsea..

We are still City.

Harvster said:
Well beaten by an excellent team. Hazard was brilliant. They looked faster and stronger.

Agreed with my son on the way out of the game that Demichelis had been our best player. Looks like we were wrong, however, as ever since he's been getting pelters right left and centre.

Wish Pellers had admitted they deserved to win by the way - he's better than that.

be interested why you think mdm was man of the match, caught out defensively time and time again when chelsea broke, i assume he was our holding player so in my opinion not doing the job he was put on the pitch for

Gray said:
BurningHart said:
I never felt so vulnerable looking at our bench. 1 academy player, 1 crock, 1 unfit, 1 inept. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but none of these 5 could have made a difference yesterday.
Got to agree apart from Jovetic who was superb when he came on, Clichy and the obligatory goalkeeper the bench was a huge worry.

Why are we getting so many injuries that are leaving us so short, the squad is looking pretty thin at present. Could we not have got one or two loan players in the January transfer window?

It should be remembered that this is still, in the main, Mancini's team. Pellegrini and the directors may rue not paying up for the two Porto lads with regard to this title, but I am still adamant that a top three finish and progression in the CL was the target for a manager's first season. His real test will be next year when another 4 or 5 signings come in.

All that said, we have an excellent chance to get some silverware on top of the target.

Great game guys.

Thought we thoroughly deserved the win personally. Excellent defending and pressing high up the pitch with the right type of aggression. Matic and Toure was a great midfield battle. It's a shame Aguero and Fernandinho weren't fit. The game would of been better with them on the pitch.

I still make you favourites for the league. I don't think this result will determine much other than a wake up call for you lot. Onwards and upwards for both of us.

Cheers lads. Hope you smash Barca.

It was very similar to the Bayern game earlier in the season. Chelsea were drilled like a machine and had the power and fitness to carry out their instructions.

Their high intensity and pressure on the ball unsettled City greatly and we panicked in possession pretty much all over the pitch . The crowd didn't help and half the stadium failed to grasp what was happening and in turn started having a pop at the team.

Nothing special about the special one. He would have studied the Bayern game. Mourinho demands high fitness and work rate to enable him to adopt such tactics when required ( the very reason Mata was surplus to his requirements ). Mourinho uses his squad well and so I will give him credit for that.

Pellers didn't learn from Bayern and went with two up top who both struggled against Cahill and Terry. It left us 4 v 5 in midfield with Yaya and Demichellis not the most mobile of combinations getting wasted. A big mistake that in my book.

Not down beat, we missed Aguero and Ferdy and we will still be there at the end.

We will come back stronger, keep the faith !

guvnors son mcfc said:
It was very similar to the Bayern game earlier in the season. Chelsea were drilled like a machine and had the power and fitness to carry out their instructions.

Their high intensity and pressure on the ball unsettled City greatly and we panicked in possession pretty much all over the pitch . The crowd didn't help and half the stadium failed to grasp what was happening and in turn started having a pop at the team.

Nothing special about the special one. He would have studied the Bayern game. Mourinho demands high fitness and work rate to enable him to adopt such tactics when required ( the very reason Mata was surplus to his requirements ). Mourinho uses his squad well and so I will give him credit for that.

Pellers didn't learn from Bayern and went with two up top who both struggled against Cahill and Terry. It left us 4 v 5 in midfield with Yaya and Demichellis not the most mobile of combinations getting wasted. A big mistake that in my book.

Not down beat, we missed Aguero and Ferdy and we will still be there at the end.

We will come back stronger, keep the faith !

The intensity was with us for the first 20 mins. We unsettled them and created chances. However, we looked very vulnerable on the break and their goal knocked us for a good 30 mins.

The first 20 and last 20 we played well but for 40-50 minutes we looked no better than a mid table team.

Why Pellegrini didn't bring Jovetic on at half time, I will never know. Was he watching the same game?

So how was that bus for you ?

The arrogance from the majority pre game was astounding !! Lots of "we're going to win 4 and 5-0's" " Jose is going
to be taught a lesson by Pelligrini, "we are the best team in the World we'll smash them"

I suggested a bit of humility and less arrogance wouldn't go a miss and just got abuse....well reading through the thread it appears some (suspect not many of the arrogant ones) have now got that humility.

As for the comparative managers, ironic that after the abuse hurled at Jose on here it was Pelligrinis post match interview that was classless and reaked of bitterness. Talk of "luck" "missing players" (fernandinho, nasri and aguerro all played at the Bridge) "money spent" tut tut I'm guessing there will much disgust on here about his lack of class.

That all said I still think you'll probably win the league but we'll give you a run for your money.

zola said:
So how was that bus for you ?

The arrogance from the majority pre game was astounding !! Lots of "we're going to win 4 and 5-0's" " Jose is going
to be taught a lesson by Pelligrini, "we are the best team in the World we'll smash them"

I suggested a bit of humility and less arrogance wouldn't go a miss and just got abuse....well reading through the thread it appears some (suspect not many of the arrogant ones) have now got that humility.

As for the comparative managers, ironic that after the abuse hurled at Jose on here it was Pelligrinis post match interview that was classless and reaked of bitterness. Talk of "luck" "missing players" (fernandinho, nasri and aguerro all played at the Bridge) "money spent" tut tut I'm guessing there will much disgust on here about his lack of class.

That all said I still think you'll probably win the league but we'll give you a run for your money.

And with a post like that after a sore defeat on another teams forum you will get abused again.
Just fuck off back under your rock you giant ****!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.