City v Chelsea post match

No I agree Chelsea havent won the league but from that match they appear to be in a better state than we do ie the more finished article. It is obvious to all that we dont have the fire power to compete for the title unless things change drastically and GJ is the super star we are lead to believe. I hope Im wrong but I dont see how we can go too far in the CL missing the chances we make and the few goal scorers we have.

We have scored 49 goals in 22 games this season ,so our "few goal scorers" at this rate will get 100 goals for the season and we have'nt got jesus on our side yet :) And i have absolutely no doubt we will go further than the chavs in the Champs league this season , despite them being in a better state.

I'm sure that Joe would have made a better attempt at preventing those Chelsea goals.
But we haven't got Joe so we just have to live with Bravo and hope that he learns something from that inept performance.

33 in 34 until yesterday. Hardly evidence of his edge being blunted. I hope no-one's taking him for granted - he has made brilliance the norm so it's not a problem when he drops below his brilliant best.

Which is why I added "to a degree". We create plenty of chances and he's still a top player. But despite the scoring record he does seem to have missed a few recently that he would previously have tucked away.

I feel as though Aguero is getting crowded out as there are 2 or 3 defenders around him in the box. yesterday Navas for a change was getting balls in to the box, but there were only Aguero in the box. We need to have another striker up front. Feel we miss a Dzeko/Negredo type player,

I think if we are all honest we thought Pep coming would guarantee us trophies every year. We cant see that as things stand so our natural expectations are not being met at present. The big question now is whether he will be the success we expected him to be after a given period of time. Question is how long ?
Not everybody had unrealistic expectations, that,s the problem and why there are so many kneejerk posts

I don't believe for one minute Chelsea are better than us, on Saturday however they were far more ruthless, and if we carry on with our current profligacy in front of goal this will be a season of missed opportunity.

I'm sure that Joe would have made a better attempt at preventing those Chelsea goals.
But we haven't got Joe so we just have to live with Bravo and hope that he learns something from that inept performance.

Nigh on three identical strikes. I'd think that the odds of scoring all three would not be as good as for a goalie saving one of the three!

I'm very wary, even when nothings at stake, to play a team of kids. They did well v CFC last season despite the final score, and slowly slowly does it, but I wouldn't be bothered one jot if Angus got a game tomorrow with Willie ready on the bench. No pen shootout so we might not need him, and give Bravo some time looking at the videos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.