City v Chelsea post match

[QUOhaven't beeusmo Funbag, post: 9863611, member: 54093"]I've been reading this kind of comment for about two months now and to be honest we are getting no more ruthless in front of goal. I do wonder at times how much we practise finishing in training. Pep has already said that they don't practise penalties because there's no point, does he have the same view on finishing? I'm not convinced we practice corners either. We have started taking more short corners but it looks like they're completely winging it to me and like they haven't at any point discussed what they intend to do once they have taken the short corner.[/QUOTE]

We haven't been good at corners for years.
Abysmal at em.

We have a weak defence, but we now also have a weak keeper - teams are going to feel likely to score on every counter if they can skip past the last men. I would have bet money on JH to save their 2nd and 3rd, or at least make an effort to, and he would have seen the dangers seconds earlier than Bravo. Every pass back and pass out across goal fills me with anxiety these days. We will never be solid defensively with Bravo in net.

Yeah I miss the way JH used to run out blow up his cheeks close his eyes and make himself big, I also miss when he would leave his goal coming for a ball that was never his...

article-0-19065B3100000578-354_634x435.jpg

Bring him back even though he said he doesn't want to come back under Pep...

article-2005056-0C9C7E0600000578-107_306x589.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/04/joe-hart-manchester-city-bayern-munich

Last edited:
I think if we are all honest we thought Pep coming would guarantee us trophies every year. We cant see that as things stand so our natural expectations are not being met at present. The big question now is whether he will be the success we expected him to be after a given period of time. Question is how long ?

I think if we are all honest we thought Pep coming would guarantee us trophies every year. We cant see that as things stand so our natural expectations are not being met at present. The big question now is whether he will be the success we expected him to be after a given period of time. Question is how long ?

Sorry have i missed something did we get knocked out of the champions league, FA cup?
Didn't think Chelsea won the league after that game..

Oh don't get me wrong I agree with that too.

De Bruyne 37 shots - 2 goals
Silva 16 shots - no goals

Piss poor!
I keep banging on about this. Unless you are getting goals from all round the team you aint gonna win the title. Look at Citys last 2 title winning years....I say no more. I expected Gundogen to be a help in this area but Im not impressed. No consistency.

Sorry have i missed something did we get knocked out of the champions league, FA cup?
No I agree Chelsea havent won the league but from that match they appear to be in a better state than we do ie the more finished article. It is obvious to all that we dont have the fire power to compete for the title unless things change drastically and GJ is the super star we are lead to believe. I hope Im wrong but I dont see how we can go too far in the CL missing the chances we make and the few goal scorers we have.

They have not yet but it would be really tough to catch up with them if you compare our schedule against theirs especially once champions league next round starts

We didn't put our chances away and ended up getting caught on the break. All of their (3) chances came from balls over the top at exactly the right time; when our defenders were pressing. By the time the engaged their brains and realised the danger the attacker already has a couple of yards on them and couldn't be caught.
We all see things happening from the stands and on TV, yet when on the pitch you are either following your man or tracking the ball. It's hard to pick the flight of the ball when you don't see the pass and it comes through a crowd of legs, or drops down from the sky obscured by floodlights.

Too many people berating players for being shite, but not many speak out when the likes of Kolarov, Otamendi, Stones and Bravo have a good game. Yes, you may say that isn't very often, but think back to the start of the season, and there weren't many nay sayers then.

Pep hasn't turned into a bad manager. I'm sure he'll work it out. He just needs time. I was there when we were shit and we are a million miles away from that now. Anyone can win the Prem. There are no easy games. Chelsea are well drilled, and perfectly capable of doing the sly stuff.

I've had a look at the Side Show Bob tackle that got Aguero sent off in the cold light of day. IMO, Aguero was looking directly at the ball and in full flight. SSB came in on the blind side and kicked the ball just as Sergio was going to wrap his laces through it. It's only the fact that he was half a yard faster than Aguero (for once) that he got a kick, and it f***ing serves him right for coming in on the blind side. I dunno; maybe he played for the foul, and got more than he bargained for. None of that would have happened if the ref hadn't bottled it in the first half. But we have to play the hand we are dealt.

Maybe Sergio will come back from his ban fitter, faster, stronger and with more determination to put the ball in the net. And at least it gives Ferna a chance to have a rest. He's been our most consistent player, but could do with a couple of weeks out to recharge the batteries.

You must have the bluest of blue tinted specs ever! Aguero was airborne, so if he doesn't get an extra ban, I'll be amazed.
I think that he thought that Luiz was going to put him in the stands, so, he got his retaliation in first. And that's fine, but, no good to us, and it will mean that the end will come for him at City sooner than most of us would like, because 2 big suspensions for our main striker with only a third of the season gone render him unreliable as far as Pep is concerned in the long term - imho.
We should have been out of sight in the first hour. Bad finishing, leaving us under pressure, and exposing our crap defence. Fix the finishing and everything else gets much easier.
We exposed Chelsea in that first hour; they exposed us afterwards!

seeing as most teams like to counter attack us or long ball over the top.....meaning our defenders need to be quick havent we got some fast defenders in our academy who could do a job for us ????
I think he should give the kids a real good go against Celtic. The result is completely irelevant. Lets see what they are really made of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.