City v Chelsea post match

Yes, we have a fine charismatic coach. However, one of the things I want to see him do for us is change games when things are against us. His substitutions today made us worse. Clichy was no improvement on Sane defensively and offered nothing going forward. Yaya was playing too deep. When I saw him come on I fully expected him to play in a forward position just behind Kun. We could still have got something from the game but Kelechi for Stones was head scratching. Yes we needed a goal, but we also needed to keep some semblance of shape and defensive capability. Thought our game management was as poor as our finishing and one on one defending. Still love Pep but he needs to start applying solutions to all the things he says he is 'learning'.

Our finishing is not clinical. Our 1 on 1 defending is poor. Our available defenders with the exception of Stones do not look great in a back 3. Otamendi is a defensive liability. Please do something about these flaws Pep!

Yet again, not putting out chances away and comical defending cost us a match.
Possession stats DO NOT win matches, goals do!!!!

It's called "Arsenal Syndrome". We've been suffering from it for 2 years.

We are shipping goals.

Tbh I'd down tools now and focus purely on being harder to beat.

That has to be the priority now.

Based on current results it's true. We can't hit a fucking barn door and have dropped so many points from positions where we should Ben taking all three

So, we either do something about it or just say "ok lads, based on current results, let's just give up now". I know which I'd prefer.

It was OK for 60 minutes. Otamendi got his knickers twisted mote times than i can remember and every time
it left us short. So the back 3 everyone is moaning about was fine for ages. Just 1 player who cannot control
himself and still is spending too much time on the floor. That's my outlook anyway.
Not conceding till 60 mins doesn't mean there's no flaws with the set up .
Gave up 3 easy goals. Stones and ota both got no clue positionally.

Because he's about to play a big part. I honestly see Gabriel Jesus becoming 2nd choice striker. Kelechi had lots to learn, I think the club should consider getting him a good loan move.

Yeah but you can't single him out for criticism when he was hardly on the pitch.
Of all the things that went wrong today, you decide to call out a young lad that played 10 minutes.

I'm gonna get a ton of Thornton's Special Toffee, dump it the main entrance to the training ground and tell 'em,"If yer can keep a clean sheet, yer can have the toffee"! Cos at the moment they can't keep a clean sheet!

I wonder how pissed off Ferny and Silva are, running their bollox off, match after match, and seeing chance after chance squandered at one end and a running tap at the other and no plug in the bath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.