City v Chelsea post match

Yet again, not putting out chances away and comical defending cost us a match.
Possession stats DO NOT win matches, goals do!!!!

Played the better football but committed unpardonable sins defensively and if you get past our back four it's a goal as we no longer have a keeper. Until we get a proper keeper I think the back four/five will continue to be shaky as no one has confidence in the clown

just a point to those who say Chelsea defended well, how come we created so many scoring chances ?????
We attacked well until the finishing too, there were many, many "nearly" moments where we ran through but didn't quite create a shooting opportunity or they defended dangerous crosses well. It wasn't an amazing defensive display by them today and we did create 5-6 clear chances, but we could easily have had even more chances than we did due to some pretty good defending.

I agree sort of. Had our players taken their chances we would have won.

But on the other hand, had our player been given the chances we gave the Chelsea players, we would very likely have taken them.

What I am saying is that the way we're playing makes it pretty easy for decent defences to defend against. (We are too slow and ponderous in the build up, allowing them to get organised and to defend as a unit) and on the other hand we are making it very easy for swift attacking teams to punish us (because they catch us when we are out of position and strung out all over the pitch).

I genuinely think if we replayed that game 10 times we'd lose it at least 6 or 7 times. Chelsea are not all that good and yet we still failed to score against them. And they scored 3 against us, at home.

I tend to agree there are no world beaters in this league including us but if we don't get our act together defensively we will struggle to challenge this year.

We give away far too many soft goals and have done for far too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.