City v Chelsea post match

I know people are pointing the finger at the defence and keeper, but for me there was two simple reasons we lost today. A bent ref & his linos(who frankly should be investigated after that performance) and not being clinical with our opportunities (again).

We desperately needed a second goal to give some wiggle room and we had good opportunities to get it. We had them rocking but as soon as they equalised, the whole game changed.

I know people are pointing the finger at the defence and keeper, but for me there was two simple reasons we lost today. A bent ref & his linos(who frankly should be investigated after that performance) and not being clinical with our opportunities (again).

We desperately needed a second goal to give some wiggle room and we had good opportunities to get it. We had them rocking but as soon as they equalised, the whole game changed.
The reason we lost is Agueros confidence is shot so he's lost his composure in front of goal , that and de bruyne missed an open net from six yards

The ref was shit but unfortunately we allowed him to become a factor

Otamendi is reckless but today he was booked for the best tackle of the game which also denied us making counter attack.

True enough. But for example, on one occasion he jumped for the ball & was so fucking hopelessly wrong he had landed again when it arrived.

When his Kamikaze stuff works it looks great. But it's pretty much his full act & we've seen it now & so have the oppo, which is why they keep whacking the ball towards him.

I'm not gonna moan or flap about today's result too much well not at our team or our manager, I thought we were the better team over 90mins and the better team doesn't always win as we all know. That said we are lacking pace at the back, their last 2 goals were just down to our defenders(Kolarov especially) not having the legs to keep up, we had most of our team in their half at the start of both of those counter attacks which shows how dominant we were and don't get me started on the bent ref. Of course just like in the commentary that will be missed completely by Sly Sports, it feels shit on days like today when it seems like we are up against a bent FA and a completely biased UK Sports media who spin everything to please rags and dippers... but in the long run it will make winning all the more sweeter.

Good opportunities? Understatement of the year! Aguero and Debruyne should have taken at least two
or three of them even on a bad day. De Bruyne is not contributing enough goals this season and Aguero whilst scoring is still missing glorious chances. We should have been 3-0 up but with us you just know it only takes one moment with us. It wasn't even a well worked goal from them. Boot it up and Ottamendi defends like a a girl and the rest is history.

Was working today so missed the match,but was getting updates on radio,seemed after we went 1 up we missed good chances to get the second and were then got on the break each time by Chelsea,also heard we could have had a pen first half before the og,and said aguero challenge was a shocker,and deserved a straight red Fernandinho's red for pushing fabregas.It seems going by radio reports we played well but couldn't kill them off with a second goal,which seems to be getting a common problem for home games...

Thought we actually played quite well until they equalized.

As usual we missed a hat full of chances and then saw the opposition break on us and score. The player's heads seemed to go down after the equalizer, it's like we didn't believe it was going to be our day no matter what.

Oh and Taylor is bent as fuck! Luis should have been sent off in the first half, the game would have been very different had the ref done his job properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.